Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to visio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We are using OrgChart 3.0 SP1.

There was a post on the forum a while back regarding nakisa exporting to visio as one of the options by doing the following:

The following is for export to visio:

Description This configuration is located directly under the 'OrgChart' tag within <orgchartconfiguration> tag and is used to enable/disable the export to visio functionality in the OrgChart.

As well, you will define the fields for display. There are three possibilities for fieldnames; you may use one of the following combinations:

- Displayname alone (useful for OrgUnits or other non-employee based hierarchies)

- LastName + FirstName (for standard employee based hierarchies

Note: If you define all three,'displayname' will override the others.

Configuration Syntax :

<exporttovisio enabled="true/false">

<fields>

<field name="displayname">_____</field>

<field name="lastname">_____</field>

<field name="firstname">_____</field>

</fields>

</exporttovisio>

Default Value :

Sample Configuration

<exporttovisio enabled="true">

<fields>

<field name="lastname">sn</field>

<field name="firstname">givenname</field>

</fields>

</exporttovisio>

I was wondering if anyone has tried this customization and if yes, was it successful.

Thank you,

L

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi L,

I have implemented this in previous versions, but Nakisa have unofficially stopped supporting Export to Visio and will officially stop supporting it from 3.0 SP3 or 4.0. I would give it a go, but if it doesn't work anad you raise an OSS message you might find that no fix is provided. I would still give it a try though

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thank you for the information. That was very helpful. I would like to give it a try.

I read through the configuration steps and I was wondering if you could provide more detailed guidance as to how this is done.

Thanks,

L

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi L,

What guidance are you looking for? If you have any specific questions then please ask them. I suggest you give it a go and then let us know when you're stuck.

I just checked an implementaiton I did for SP1 and I remember that Visio does not work and Nakisa did not provide a fix. From that reason I think it is probably not going to work.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

We've decided not to try this afterall. We'll have to look for other options outside of Nakisa.

Thanks for all your help.

L

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi L,

I would suggest that you use the Export to PowerPoint OrgChart Object export becuase this allows similar functionality to that provided by Visio, except it is in PowerPoint (which is generally more widely available than Visio).

If your question is answered then please mark the question as answered.

Best regards,

Luke

Answers (0)