cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi Error- "Element belongs to another container"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a Webi report in BO 4.0 which has drill down functionality on it.

When I click the option "stop drill" I get an error that says "Element belongs to another container"

If "stop drill" is clicked again I am told to contact the administrator.

I recreated the report using the same universe and objects, stop drill function works perfectly on it.

If anyone else has experienced this error I'd really appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance,

Zenab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thank you for the detailed answer, I had actually come across this solution in another forum, however, unfortunately it did not solve our issue.

Is there any other reason you could think of for this error?

Thanks,

Z

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No, i never heard of it.

If you can reproduce it systematically, from scratch, on a demo source - then please communicate your workflow to Support and we can handle it as a product defect investigation.

It is really important that you can identify the step-by-step deterministic modus, to force the error.

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had Input controls on this report as well, the "month" input control was given a custom LOV to manipulate the order values were shown. The option "Use restricted list of values" was selected when setting custom LOV. This was the issue;

Once option "Use restricted list of values" was unselected the report stopped generating the error and is working perfect.

Thanks

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's an unusual and rarely seen error that can be resolved by restarting the CMS server.

here are 2 Notes that cover it:

1344489 - What is this error 'com.businessobject.wp.om.OMReportElementContainer (Error:INF)u2019

Symptom

Users are getting error when interactively running webi report 'com.businessobject.wp.om.OMReportElementContainer (Error:INF)'

Reproducing the Issue

All you have to do I point the new CMS to another cluster other then the one that it was clustered to originally.

Cause

The processing tier servers from the old cluster is confused about with cluster it is talking to now. So the cmsclustermemebers hasn't been updated yet.

Resolution

You can either reboot your CMS server or edit the registry.

Always make a backup of your registry before making any changes to it.

(AND)

1326991 - Error: "com.businessobjects.wp.om.OMReportElementContainer (Error: INF)"

Symptom

While opening Web Intelligence reports from InfoView, display error 'com.businessobjects.wp.om.OMReportElementContainer (Error: INF)'.

Reproducing the Issue

1. Login to InfoView.

2. Open a Web Intelligence report. Error appears.

Cause

The CMSClusterMembers entry in the registry is not updated.

Resolution

• WARNING ***********

The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall the Microsoft Windows operating system.

Use the Registry Editor at your own risk. It is strongly recommended that you make a backup copy of the registry files before you edit the registry. For information on how to edit the registry key, view the 'Changing Keys And Values' online Help topic in the Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).

1. Make sure that the CMSClusterMembers entry is updated in the registry. Or you can edit it manually.

2. The CMSClusterMembers entry can be modified from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Enterprise\CMSClusterMembers.

3. Restart Server Intelligence Agent (SIA).

Does this sound appropriate?

Regards,

H