cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP RFC Error - Winshuttle Related

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I attempted to use Runner to run Winshuttle, I get an error - "user had no RFC Authorization. Is there an expert in SAP Security that can shed some light as to what this error mean and what needs to be done to fix it? Also, can I get a suggestion as to what a minimal role should be for a user to use Runner to run Winshuttle. What security access should be built in a role for a non-super user?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may not have authorization to SM59 and also to check /nSU53 for which you are running Winshuttle or Runner and send screenshot to Basis team for getting authorization for same.

Thanks,

Ameet

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks to everyone that offered expert feedback.

clinton_jones2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Great suggestions from Ameet and Ted.

Winshuttle support have a portal that can be checked for information like security authorizations and you can also email winshuttle support @ winshuttle.com however I will try to add some information here to help you make some sense of what you need as an author for automation scripts.

TRANSACTION makes RFC calls to SAP from the desktop or server client and to do this you must have additional access for RFC assigned to you. In most cases, these authorizations are already assigned to you but clearly in your case this is not so. The following objects with the indicated values should be in your SAP user profile for working with the Transaction recorder.

For the S_RFC Authorization Object:

u2022 Field RFC_TYPE Value FUGR (function group)

u2022 Field ACTVT Value 16 (execute) or *

u2022 Field RFC_NAME

The following values are required for running scripts:

SYST, SRFC, SUSO, RFC1, RFCH, SBDC, ATSV, STTF, SDTX

The following additional values are required for recording scripts:

SBDR, SCAT, STTM, SDTX

Since you are not entirely sure what is missing, your best bet is to do as Ameet suggests and get your security team involved to do a security trace.

0 Kudos