cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI/FM to update the Business partner marketing attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do we have any Function module or BAPI to do a mass update of a marketing attribute to all BPs. I want to assign one marketing attribute to all BPs .

I tried this "CRM_MKTBP_CHANGE_BP" and the function module return says assignment changed, but when check in BP it is not assigned.

Regards,

Deepthi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the FM 'CRM_MKTBP_UPDATE_ATTR_BP' uisng the follwoing paarmeters, pass the following parameters(objek,atinn, klart, partner guid, atwrt in case of char or atflv in case of decimal value ) for the particular partner guid in table AUSP in the table IT_AUSP followed by BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT with wait.

Hope this helps!!

Prerna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above FM will work only for update but if u want to assign a marketing attribute for 1st time, use the FM 'CRM_MKTBP_ASSIGN_ATTRIBUT_TAB'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

This FM looks like it is assigning the marketing attribute to BP, but somehow the FM return says the message as 'S' as "Characterstics already exists".

Is that fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

FM 'CRM_MKTBP_ASSIGN_ATTRIBUT_TAB'is used to only assign a marketing attribute initially fr the first time to a BP. The message 'S' as "Characterstics already exists" indicates that the attribute set is already assigned but it will not update the new data but wont give an error as well.

For updating the marketing attributes once assigned, use the FM 'CRM_MKTBP_UPDATE_ATTR_BP'. This FM will work only for updating the attributes not for assigning to BP.

Post your code, if u still have doubts, will try to figure out how to rectify it.

Hope this helps.

Prerna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prerna / Deepthi,

I have a similar requirement, i need to assign/Add new marketing line items to the existing list for accounts, I tried using the FM 'CRM_MKTBP_ASSIGN_ATTRIBUT_TAB', it some times update the list with new marketing attributes and some times it doesn't.

Can i use FM 'CRM_MKTBP_UPDATE_ATTR_BP' to add new lines for assigning marketing attributes or is it only to modify the existing line items at account level?

thanks for your time.

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

FM 'CRM_MKTBP_ASSIGN_ATTRIBUT_TAB' is used to initially assign the maketing attribute set and assign the initail values to the attributes. This FM is not used to update marketting attributes, hence will not work consistently.

Use FM 'CRM_MKTBP_UPDATE_ATTR_BP' to update only.

In case u have 5 attributes for an attribute set, and u want to assign only 2 initially, assign space in other 3 attributes as well and then use update FM, it will work fine.

Prerna

0 Kudos

when I assign the marketing attributes to a business partner, how would i know which function module is getting hit ? i put a session breakpoint on CRM_MKTBP_ASSIGN_ATTRIBUT_TAB, but it doesnt get hit . help please !