Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 4 bex web error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When trying to open bex web from BI launchpad I get the following error :

Exception occured while processing the current request; this exception cannot be handled by the application or framework

Failed to process request; contact your system administrator

Any idea what could cause this ?

This is a lab server so it´s a new setup, I followed the instructions here :

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/ConfigurationstepstointegrateBExWebapplicationsintoBI+4.x

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192430
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi, this thread is 1.5 years old, but thanks for the due dilligence!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashraf ,

It is a clear indication that your user-id/password is incorrect.

Please login with a BW user id. ( not Administrator or other Business Object user)

Regards,

Sonia

0 Kudos

Thanks Sonia so your reply.

The problem found with APS setting JCo Server Gateway Service alias i.e BW backend Gateway Port address (sapgw00) resolution was not setup in the service file automatically by SAP BO setup. When I specified the Gateway service port number i.e 3300 the problem was resolved.

For all setting and in particular OLAP connection I found that 13.4.4 section in the below mentioned guide need to be followed and ensure Pre-defined is selected under authentication while creating OLAP connection in SAP BO CMC.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4_bip_admin_en.pdf

Regards

Mohammed Baderuddin Ashraf

raghu_ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the SAP note 1624223 for your error.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the tip, not the same problem but I had and older adaptive server that was not configured correctly. Removed this and know I don´t get the error anymore.

I know get a prompt to log on to the BI master system, so this is good. Just a quick question is the authentication for bex web done with the OLAP connection I created or do I also have to add the SAP system in the Authentication for SAP.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not getting Service Category "Advanced Analysis Services" due to which in Step 2 : create a dedicated Adaptive Processing Server for BEx Web Applications, I can only select Analysis services. rest all settings done, when i start BEx Web applications in BI Launch pad I get BI Master system login page and even after giving correct user id and password I get "User authentication failed" error.

Please advice how to resolve this issue.

Regards

Ashraf