cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Hierarchy user exit ZXRSAU04

0 Kudos

Hi BI Gurus,

I am following the link below to create customized hierarchy in BI but the hierarchy data load return error.

http://www.element61.be/e/resourc-detail.asp?ResourceId=189

How can I debug the hierarchy user exit ZXRSAU04?

I have set the breakpoint in ZXRSAU04 and in the detail tab of monitor screen for the infopackage, right clicking on the data package node and click 'simulate update'. However it didnt enter the debugging mode.

What is the correct steps to debug hierarchy user exit ZXRSAU04 in BW? Kindly advice.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Pei Fung

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to user exit code and try to put "External Break point", you will find two buttons "session break point" and "External break point". Choose "External Break Point" and then try to run the extractor.

Regards,

Durgesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Durgesh,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes, I did set the external break point. I can't run this in RSA3 due to it is a hierarchy. Any others tcode I can test and debug for this hierarchy extractor?

Best regards,

Pei Fung

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see this

0 Kudos

Hi AnshulR,

Thanks for your reply.

I read on this post before i open new thread. I have set an external break-point in ZXRSAU04 and run the Extractor checker in RSA3. Below is the error that I get.

Error 6 in function module RSS_PROGRAM_GENERATE

Kindly advice.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Pei Fung

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to put breakpoint one breakpoint in ZXRSAU04 and one inside this...and then see

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pei Fung,

Were you able to debug this user exit?

I need to do the same thing.

Thank you,

former_member213275
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do not use transaction RSA3 for checking the extraction of "HIERARCHY" datasources. Transaction RSA3 can lead to errors while testing hierarchy data sources.

Use report RSA1HCAT to check hierarchies where following are displayed.

1.Meta data

2.Hierarchy tree

3.Hierarchy list

And coming to error it seems like there is syntax error in generated extraction program. Try running report RSA1HCAT and if you still get same error then analyse the dump from ST22. Else you can even debug the finished job in ERP system by selecting the respective job in SM37 and then using "JDBG" in command prompt it will go to debugging mode.

Srikanth.