Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find all real substances (REAL_SUB) based on characteristic values

former_member212854
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I've already searched the forum but could not find an solution.

I'm a ABAP Consultant and new to EHS module, could you please help me find all the real substances which belong to a particular class or a characteristic value.

Is there any standard function module ? or a bapi so that I can make a whereused list of this characteristic value and find the respective real substances.

some thing similar to the function module <C1F0_PHRASES_USED>which finds all the real substances which belong to a particular phrase

or

also table's relation where I can find all the real substances belonging to a particular characteristic value.

Requirement:

We are planning to find all real substances' which belong to sensitizer characteristic value, so that we flag them as sensitizers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwin,

Actually, it is easier to use the search function in the main screen of CG02. Seacr for substances of the type REAL_SUB and at the botom of the screen click on "Substance with value assigned". Here you can enter in your specific characteristic either a specific value or at least flag this characteristic as being non-empty. Then create a hit list, which will show you all REAL_SUBs that carry this specific value in the the specific characteristic or have at least a value maintained in that characteristic, respectively.

Ralph

former_member212854
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

I really appreciate your help but I'm finding a way programatically as we are planning to develop a batch program, which will find all the real substances which belong to a particular CHARACTERISTIC value (Sensitizer) and do further processing.

-Ashwin.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwin

as explained by others: you can use CG02 standard functionality to get the list of REAL_SUB. In CG02 you have the option to use "inquiries". These inquiries are stored/can be stored in the database (refer to EHS help). Furthermore: please refer to :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dimp50/helpdata/en/42/19412a935611d2b49d006094b92d29/content.htm

and take a look in subchapter:

"Choose Environment => Drilldown Reporting Job."

The "Drilldown reporting "option exists with hit lists and inquriies.

Therefore: in my opinion you need not to start the programming but by using the existing functionality you will succeed to get the desired result.

With best regards

C.B.

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jan 21, 2012 11:31 PM

former_member212854
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the information but I was looking for a way programmatically, since we do a lot more process after finding the SUBID based on a particular Characteristic value.

Example: reading the specification information and then modify the properties based on our different conditions.

I developed an API to fetch real substances based on the characteristic value based on table relationships.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help guys, I appreciate it.

-Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

I have seen your above thread related to How to find all real substances (REAL_SUB) based on characteristic values.

I have a similar requirement in my project where I have to filter out the Specifications (Real substances)

based on the characteristic values.

I understand that you have developed some API to meet the above requirement.

Can you please let me know the logic for arriving at the solution.

It would be great if you can share the program logic(code) which you have implemented.

Thanks in Advance.

Ashesh

former_member212854
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ashesh,

Could you please post you query on abap development forum, so that I could look into it.

regards,

Ashwin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Unfortunately there is no API available for this search functionality.

You could use FM C1H0_SUB_FIND_BY_VALU - this is called by the CG02 transaction.

The search parameters themselfs are set with FM C1H0_SUB_FIND_BY_VALU_PARA.

I would suggest setting a break-point in these FMs and see how it works when called form CG02.

Hope this helps

Mark

former_member212854
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much, I shall look into these function modules and see if I could find a solution.

Ashwin.