cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add XSD as Alias in Project Resources - BRM 7.3 SP5 PAT0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've just hit a weird problem trying to create a new BRM rule within NWDS...

I've created a new XSD Schema file within the src->wdsl folder and defined some types and elements within it that I wish to use as part of my rule.

When I go to Project Resources and to the Alias tab, I click on the Add button and choose XSD Element. In the dialogue box that appears, I cannot see any contents from my XSD Schema file. All I see is an entry for:

sap.com/tc/bpem/content/predefs/types/......

request

response

I've tried creating three different Rules Composer DC's so far, as well as following the tutorial on help.sap.com and using the XML definition from there, just to make sure it's not something I'm doing wrong. This has worked fine on other occaisions but that was using 7.2.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?!

Thanks,

Gareth.

Forgot to add, within NWDS I can see a Warning message saying "Document has not been imported yet" against my XSD file.

Edited by: Gareth Ryan @ Atos on Jan 19, 2012 2:07 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like this really was just a bug with the NWDS on the machine I was using at the time - not had similar problems at all since.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thought I should follow up on this as I've had the issue happen again a few times since, and believe I have at least a workaround for it...

I'm currently developing in 7.3 SP7 PAT0002 so pretty much up to date with NWDS.  This still demonstrates the issue though, both with Local DC's and those created within a Development Track via NWDI.  The issue seems to be with BRM DC's in general, in that they don't recognise when files are changed correctly within their src folders.

To avoid this, I perform two steps:

1. Before making any changes to my BRM DC's, I ensure I have the entire DC contents checked out on an activity, using the Team -> Edit context menu options.  This helps to avoid issues where NWDS doesn't check out WSDL & XSD type files properly when you try to edit them.
  2. Once you have edited or created a WSDL or XSD type file, you often need to force NWDS to import the definition.  I believe this should work automatically but it doesn't.  To do so, I've found clicking on the "Build Project" option in the DC context menu usually works.  NOTE: I don't mean the usual Development Component -> Build option as that does not appear to resolve this issue.

I've found similar problems when generating web services for my rules also, and often the only solution to that is to perform the operation twice.  Otherwise you check in and discover there is no web service published, only to find out the .csdl files within the DC structure have not been checked out and updated/created correctly.

Ultimately, I still believe there are a number of issues with the NWDS software where BRM DC's are concerned but at least I have workarounds now.

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to add XSD in aliases tab under proejct resources - the selection is disabled as below -

what could be the issue??

I am trying to create rules in process dc itself.

Thanks,

Priya

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, for a follow up. Helped me out. I build the DC .. works like a charm..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you define only types in your XSD file? In order to make these types appear in the mentioned dialog you should create an element with the respective defined types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I've created an element as well as just types. There seems to be something amiss with the NWDS installation on my customer's machine. I did exactly the same steps on my own laptop with the same version of NWDS and it worked fine.

I may try to re-install NWDS and see if that helps...

Thanks,

Gareth.