cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI4 SAP SSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can´t get the SAP SSO to work for the BI launch pad, I can logon with SAP credentials. Only the sso doesn´t want to work I get the error "The credentials passed to secSAPR3 are invalid". I did changed the default authentication to secSAPR3 and made sure the SAP system is default in SAP authentication.

Any idea what I have missed ?

I did do some tests with the SSO TOKEN service, I created a cert and imported did in the SAP system, Could this create a conflict ?

Since I also did a test with AD SSO (worked fine) I added the entry sso.sap.primary=true just to make sure but doesnt help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

- so you configured the SAP Authentication ?

- when logging on to the BI Launchad are you using you SAP credentials and enter the System ID and Client number ? Are you logged on to the BI LaunchPad ?

- you mentioned you configured the SSO Token Service. Did you complete the configuration ?

- What report type is it and does the report use the SAP system that you used for the SAP Authentication as data source ?

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I configured SAP authentication and I can log in to BI launchpad using my SAP credentials. Only SSO in BI launchpad doesn´t work I have to enter my SAP userid and password.

I have no problems updating users and roles from the SAP system, the ID I use to test has admin rights in BI and SAP

I configured the SSO token servcie using the instructions found in SAP wiki, made sure the APS had the token service available.

Maybe the problem is with the SAP system, it´s an older sandbox, I will start with upgrading this and check that everything is set to default.

To be continued :).

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

on the one hand you mentioned that you are able to leverage the SAP credentials for BI LaunchPad but on the other hand you also said that SSO is not working.

Could you outline the workflow and where it fails ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a custom properties file for the BI launchpad :

sso.enabled=true

authentication.default=secSAPR3

siteminder.enabled=false

But when opening the BI launchpad I get Account Information Not Recognized: The credentials passed to secSAPR3 [] are invalid. Use the following format: sid~clnt/user

Manual logon using SAP account works fine.

G.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just to make sure we have the same workflow in mind:

- with this configuration if you open the BI launchpad as part of the SAP Portal or an app that already has an SSO token - then you will get SSO

- just launching the BI Launchpad standalone you still need to enter the credentials.

is the BI launchpad embedded in the portal ?

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you Ingo, this cleared up some confusion I had about the SAP SSO. I was trying to launch the BI launchpad standalone.

G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

all,

We are trying to go to the BI launchpad via portal but getting this error - Account Information Not Recognized: The credentials passed to secSAPR3 [] are invalid. Use the following format: sid~clnt/user

Any suggestions

Thanks

Mayank

0 Kudos

Hi,

are all parts of the deployment in the same domain (BI4, BW and EP)?

If not, check SAP Note - 1687070

Regards

-Seb.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

It looks like the user id and password which you entered in CMC is not working. It looks like it doesn't have proper authorizations. Please check.

Hope it helps...