cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ESS ABAP Service links not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am setting up SAP ESS EHP5 with EP 7.3. The overview page is working but nothing happens when clicking on the service links, and this info message is generated for each click:

Deprecated scope of type SERVERSESSION_AT_LEAST_ONE_APP_SCOPE is used! Please replace the usage of scopes with new mechanism based on "Cross application session communication API".

The permission for root folder and system connection includes Everyone with end user right.

We installed all required packages and components as below and assigned a copy of the composite role SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_1 to the testing user (with country-specific roles removed except for Canada).

Business Package for Employee Self-Service (WDA) 1.50

Business Package for Common Parts 1.51

SAP ESS 633

PCUI_GP 633

2. SAP ERP Core Components (SAP ECC) 6.0 with the following extensions:

Human Resources Extension (EA-HR) 605

We are running ERP6 with EHP5 and EP 7.3.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

<< moved by moderator - check out the list of other forums on top of portal forum >>

Edited by: Anja Engelhardt on Jan 20, 2012 3:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

karthikeyan_v2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

After some deep analysis ,today i have resolved the issue.Configuration was missed in the system.

Thanks

karthik

Cynthia_Garza
Participant
0 Kudos

Karthik,

Can you share which configuration was missing in your system?  I am facing the same issue.

Thanks,

Cyndi

karthikeyan_v2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Cyndi,

The Portal which we are using is SSo system connected to abap system(CRM).The problem in our scenario is it has to take the table value (link which will navigate to customized web application) from CRM.The system ID was not configured in the table. 

Please copy your log here and also mention the error was happening in Project landscape.

Regards,

Karthik

karthikeyan_v2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

can you please briefly explain what is BP common parts..? i am also facing the same error.Please suggest.

SERVERSESSION_AT_LEAST_ONE_APP_SCOPE is used! Please replace the usage of scopes with new  Please replace the usage of scopes with new mechanism based on “Cross application session communication API”.

Thanks,

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

Along with ESS and MSS business packages you have to deploy the Business Package for Common Parts. You can check with your basis to deploy the right version.

Thanks, Raj

venkatachalam_raj
Participant
0 Kudos

I am facing exactly the same problem. I installed Portal 7.3 with ESS WDA 1.5 and back end EhP6. Activated both the ESS business functions. Also, from SE80 I am able to open the personal profile service but no data show up. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks, Raj

venkatachalam_raj
Participant
0 Kudos

Got my issue resolved from another thread. We need to deploy the BP common parts for for the services in ESS to work in portal.

Thanks, Raj