4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2012 10:38 AM by Swetha N RSS

doubt in concepts and scenarios where used

Swetha N
Currently Being Moderated

doubt in differentiating and scenarios for below.

statistics Vs document update      -  i already know the definitions of V1 V2 V3 updates, pls dont give defn links

conditions Vs global filters in QD     and scenarios

btree/bitmap index         and scenarios

reconstruction Vs repair   and scenarios

already searched forums, didnt get satisfactory answer.

pls suggest.

Edited by: Swetha N on Jan 20, 2012 10:10 AM

• Re: doubt in concepts and scenarios where used
    Swetha N

let me know if any of u have an idea abt these.

Venkateswarlu Nandimandalam

Hi

btree/bitmap index and scenarios

By default the index created for info cube in bitmap index.

When you make any dimension as high cordinolity, then system will create btree indexes to improves data retrieval.

Regards,

Venkatesh

Deepesh Kumar

Conditions - You want to get the top 10 customers, you can use condition to get the same. done during the execution, before displayign the data. last step in the report execution.

Filters - You can filter only particular plant, customer etc. will be done before query execution, kind of starting point for qery execution.

Btree / Bit map - in addition to Venkatesh said - Bit Map is read optimized and B Tree is write optimized.

Reconstruction - used in 3.x flow. if a request got deleted by request you can retriev it. Go to reconstruction tab and select the request and do reconstruction.

Repair - I guess you are asking repair full request, if it so, it is a way to pull the data from R3. with some selection that can be defined at the info package for example you found one purchase order with some incorrect data, what you do is delete selectively the purchase order from the system and do full repail request. You can define the same at info provider level.

Document update - you change a Purchase order from Me22n, the document will get update in the r/3 backend table EKKO EKPO etc. Statistical update is from the R/3 reporting table perspective, these are LIS tables.

Swetha N

thanks a lot. all my queries are answered.

Actions