cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can TDMS Call a Custom Algorithm (via RFC) to Scramble a Value?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Background: Our SAP is one of many systems in an integrated environment. We are looking at scrambling data across all systems for testing purposes. The implication is that if we scramble a field in a non-SAP system using a specific scrambling algorithm (provided by a non-SAP test data management tool) and that field also exists in the SAP system, then the same scrambling algorithm must be used in SAP as well.

Question: Does anyone know or have tried calling a low level scrambling algorithm (via RFC call) to scramble the value of a field? This scrambling algorithm is a C library routine. The vendor said they can wrap it into an RFC call.

Thank you in advance for any insights you can provide.

Luke Lau

IS Solutions Leader

Insurance Corporation of British Columbia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bruno_esperanca
Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know calling an RFC from TDMS workbench is the same as calling an RFC from any abap program so as long as the destination is configured you shouldn't have any problems.

Check here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/042537488911d189490000e829fbbd/content.htm

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Bruno!

Luke

former_member374456
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Lau,

Is it possiable to use Custom Algorithm in TDMS?

Please share any link which help me.

Ramesh Patel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if this can be done in the way you describe it, but an abaper can translate your original program via TDMS scrambling workbench. You can then assign this rule to transfer package. This way you would have consistent set of resultant data across SAP and non SAP systems.

Thnx

Harmeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! That's was my suggestion but the vendor that owns the code does not allow this.

Luke