Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link AR Downpayment & AR Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need help with the following scenario:

--> Sales Order is created by user

-->User created AR Down Payment Invoice by using "Copy From" from the Sales Order created in step 1. The DPI is open.

-->After a few days, Sales Order was copied to Delivery

-->Finally user copied Delivery to AR Invoice and added the document without linking Down Payment.

Because of this DPI is open , AR is open as it is not linked to DPI. How can we link Down Payment to an Open Invoice already posted? We know that when user click on payment means on Sales Order to create DPI, system automatically draws DPI to Invoice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

I'm afraid you can't link your DPI with the invoice. However, you could offset those 2 documents using Business Partner Internal Reconciliation. As far as I know, this is the only way. Hope this help.

Best Regards,

Hendry Wijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Internal Reconciliation will not work in this case as both Invoices, DPI have postive values, meaning the reconciliation cannot be zero. I know that we can create Journal Entry and reconcile Invoice and then copy DPI to Credit Memo but i am thinking to avoid this and looking for a way to link AR Invoice & DPI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

Personally, I think not-so-perfect solution is better than no-solution at all. I understand completely your concern here, you don't want to create more additional document to rectify certain case, will make your database dirty with adjustment here and there. However, it is better than keep those two document open and unresolved. Just my opinion here.

Best Regards,

Hendry Wijaya