cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM is recursive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

While creating BOM , for one of the componant there was an alert "BOM is recursive". WHY it is so?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

While creating BOM, if the item of a BOM is same as which is Header of the BOM that time u will get message as a BOM is recursive.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

former_member211613
Active Participant

Dear ,

BOM is bill of material

Recursive BOM means a if parent part is also a child part.

eg.

if A is our product which is made up of B,C and some extent of A

then A (Tree Representation of BOM of material A)

!

!

!------> A

. !

!------> B

!

!------> C

Then this type of BOM is called recursive BOM

you can also take an example of Curd we need curd to make curd so this is perfect example of Recursive BOM.

i hope ur doubts are clear now..

revert in case of any query..

Rgds, Dheeraj Rawal

aamir093
Explorer
0 Kudos

Recursive BOM can be understood as the material that uses the same header material for its make.

Ex:- If we want to Re work a Material which has dents/rust or any other quality issues that can be sorted out by doing some repair activities. Then those Material has a BOM of itself.

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neer@j,

Kindly look at scenario i explained, it may be helpful. In case of oil industry if you want to repack the oil from bigger containers to smaller cans at that time they create a BOM with recursive and use this in production order.

Regards,

Sharat

Edited by: sharatsugur on Jan 28, 2012 12:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all of you.

mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you use header item as component, then its a recursive bom.

i.e: if X is the bom header. and same X is used as a component in BOM.

Go to bom header and select recursive BOM indicator. Problem will be solved.

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumyakant,

There is no indicator of recursive BOM at header level. It is at component level when header material use as BOM componenet.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja, I mean to say item header level, anyway thanks

Edited by: soumyakant.padhi on Jan 25, 2012 11:27 AM

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mahendra,

Please check your BOM component where you must maintained header level material. Inthis case system thro message that BOM is recursive. If you want to go further then activate check box Recursive is allowed for that component.

Raja

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Recusive BOM means you have added the header material of the BOM in the component also. Please check and varify the coponent you added and also varify do you nedd this in your business scenario?

Recursive BOM is used in many business scenarios like if we want to rebrand a material or repack a material in different container etc.

Regards,

Sharat

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you pls explain a little more .how we can use recursive BOM in any industry.

if we repack heador material then repacking ROH material we have to put in BOM....this is my guess pls explain

Thanks ..

vasudevap_pushpalas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Check whether is there any discontinuity and recursive component with the same object number as the superior assembly please check that

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/ea/e9b3aa4c7211d189520000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

if u have gain same problem check this link

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/ea/e9b3b74c7211d189520000e829fbbd/content.htm]

With Regards

Pushpalas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MShirodkar,

Recursive BOM means nothing but the main header material will be acting as BOM component OK.

To make a conformation on that Go To Header level of the BOM and then in the structure tab the Recursive will be checked or ticked.

I hope it clears your doubt any queries please revert me back.

Regards,

Madhu.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MShirodkar,

If there's a children part that is equal to the parent part - in this case your BOM is recursive,means if you enter the Header material as child component also then you may get error BOM recursiveness.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/bc/566916eff011d189be0000e8214595/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/ea/e9b3aa4c7211d189520000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Thanks

Alok Mohapatra