cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM WD Components: ResultSet How to make empty?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I'm using MDM WD Component of ResultSet type. I'm using it in a wrapper Web Dynpro application which is then is used as a UI for BPM task. The requirement is that upon initialization the result set must be empty (show no records). And only then it becomes populated with specific records (this logic is implemented in Web Dynpro).

The issue is that if i pass no records initially to the ResultSet than it shows all records from associated repository (by default). And if I pass some invalid values (-1 for example) then Result Set shows nothing (as needed) but it throws a warning message to the screen (No records found) which is not suitable.

The question is how to initialize result set with no values or how to supress the warning message. Any of this will be fine.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
setRecordIds(Integer[] { -1 });
0 Kudos

Hello Jun,

I am using search and Result set mdm component together.We want to display the resultset empty at initail.It will load data only when the search component submit button click with some search criteria.

For above requirement, i have used resul set method setRecordIds with -1 for empty resultset but we are getting warning message on the screen as follow.

Some of the records were not found; for more information, check the log

Also, when we are entering any value in search parameter of search component , it is not showing any record in resultset table.

Need your help.Please reply.

BR,

Aditi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in which method are you calling the execute model,

consider calling it the specific event method rather than init() method.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek!

Can you please clarify your idea?

Regarding the method I'm using setRecordIds(). What should I pass to it so that the ResultSet will be empty and it will not throw a warning ("records not found").

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

It would not be possible to show blank Result Set table without "No Records Found" message through MDM WD Component.

Could you elaborate more what you are trying to achieve after displaying the blank table. We can think of workaround.

You can call search method without displying the MDM WD Search View and can dispaly the search output in Result Set without using setRecordId method.

Thanks

Ravindra