cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Linking in Equipment Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are manually maintaining Asset number of Equipment in Organization tab of Equipment master in IE01 transaction. But there is no proper link between Equipment and Asset master. Can I provide an automatic link between these 2? If Equipment number is maintained in Asset master, it should come directly into Equipment master otherwise user may wrongly select Asset number in IE01. For some maintenance plant we are not updating Asset number in IE01. Can we link Equipment and Asset master basd on maintenance plant?

Regards,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member661330
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You canu2019t create an automatic update on plant maintenance using the maintenance plant, standard SAP use a functionality to create the equipment master after the asset is created. You can develop a custom solution to create the equipment on the background after the asset is created (User exit AAPM0001 Integration of asset accounting and plant maintenance)

Regards.

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Can we create Equipment number with partial Asset number?

For Eg: if we have Asset number CMPCD123456, we want to create Equipment with Equipment number 123456.We are not using full Asset code in Equipment number.

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Equipment number will its own internal number range, based on that only equipment will be created automatically while creating asset.

For the old equipments, using BDC update the asset number. This configuration will work only for new equipments.

IMG => Financial Accounting (New) => Asset Accounting => Master Data => Automatic creation of Equipment

Please read the documentation for better understanding

former_member661330
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to use the asset number as is on SAP, this number needs to be validated with existing asset on the system. If you want to use another number you can use a custom field or you can create a characteristic to keep the number

Regards

Carlos

Edited by: Carlos Gonzalez on Jan 25, 2012 10:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanx to all of you for your valuable suggestions. Now I am able to create Equipment master based on Asset master. I have one more concern. While creating Asset master, under tab Allocations, there is Equipment information data. Here if I fill Equipment number it is getting reflected in Equipment master but when I fill category and object type, it is not getting updated in Equipment master. Based on Asset creation my Equipment category also gets changed. I can edit it in Equipment master also but is there any solution for this from AS01 transaction itself. In customization, I found 2 fields Equipment category and technical object type, but I am not getting these values in IE01. If you can provide solution for this also, it will be very useful for us.

Moreover if user doesn't manually provide any equipment number, system should not allow to save Asset master. In our case, an internal sequence number is getting generated as Equipment number. Can we validate AS01 to key in Equipment number?

Regards,

Sam

former_member661330
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please review the link below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_rc10/helpdata/en/52/e4fac8e31111d58d3a0000e8284931/content.htm

The link is as follows.

Asset class = Equipment category + Technical object; you can choose if you want to create the equipment after the asset is created o vice versa

Hope this help

Regards,

Carlos

former_member661330
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Additional to my previous note, you can link several fields from the asset to the equipment; to create the link use the following path:

Financial Accounting (New)>Asset Accounting>Master Data>Automatic Creation of Equipment Master Records>Assign Master Data Fields of Assets and Equipment

Regards,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

From the above configuration path mentioned by you, how can I add fields(Eg: Equipment type and category) in AA fld inorder to link with PM flds?

I cannot find these fields in AA selection list.

Regards,

Sam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the Asset you can configure the system to automatically create the Equipment master record based on the Asset Class in Finance. The configuration for this is under the Finance Asset Module and Asset under Construction.

There is no way to automatically populate the asset number in the equipment without this so can only be used for new assets. Alternatively you would need a user exit that on saving the equipment would check to see if there is a financial asset with that equipment number and if so populate the field in the equipment master.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Thanx for your reply. Old equipments were already linked with Asset numbers. So the new settings should be applicable only to new Equipments. If we do the settings in Asset module, can we get Asset number automatically in IE01? Also we dont want to create Equipment numbers with the same Asset number. Asset number ranging starts with our company code + Equipment number, wherein we want only Equipment number to be generated in IE01 excluding company code number. Is it possible to generate Equipments like this?

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you go through the config you will find that the system will ask for the asset class and you can determine which asset classes are to create the equipments.

Hope this helps.

Jim