cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F2 Billing type in VOV8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

In VOV8 Sales document type OR, I have purposefully removed Order related billing F2 and delivery related billing F2 under the Billing tab and processed the complete cycles from sales order to billing. Upon creating the invoice with VF01, I was able to make invoice without any errors. Now my question is "How system knows, that to create F2 billing type without in the sales document type ??

I have checked in Item category also but failed to locate any such field controlling the flow or suggesting the system to take F2 billing type.

Now another situation is, I have also tried by giving the delivery no: alone in VF01 and tried creating the proforma invoice, that is also processesd successfully, How ??

Where else this control lies in the system to make the flow in this way, could any one help me understand this please ??

Regards,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have checked in Item category also but failed to locate any such field controlling the flow or suggesting the system to take F2 billing type.

Check the field Billing relevance, here it should be added as delivery related billing document or order related etc.

For your other questions, the system identified the documents based on the copy control settings in VTFA and VTFL. When you input sales order number in VF01, then it can pick order related document if settings exist in VTFA or if you input delivery, then it can pick the document based on VTFL settings.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then what is the use of the perticular field in VOV8. Why we need to maintain the billing type if it is served by copy control.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If more than one target document types maintained in copy controls, then for default proposal can be from VOV8. For example, when you run background jobs for billing, then this proposed billing document type will be used. There is more than one document type can be used for a source document, for example order related proforma and order related billing F1 document types. If you maintain F1 here, then in billing due list for this order type, F1 document will be added for subsequent processing

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shivram,

Thanks for your great input, which has cleared my doubt. If you can look at an another thread of mine and if you could give some suggestion, I would be greatful.

Regards,

Venkat

Answers (0)