cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSI TaxFactory - Questions on create database for BSI on DB2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am assisting a customer in installing BSI 9.0 using DB2 as the database. While I have experience in the preparation steps needed by BSI on Oracle and MSS, I am not familiar with DB2. Unfortunately, this customer is in a transition phase with their IT staff, and no one there knows DB2 at the moment either... Yes, I agree, the situation is far from being a good one. ;/

My questions are centered around creating the database (and or tablespace) and user needed, for the BSI installation and on-going use of BSI within SAP. Does anyone have details available about these steps on DB2? BSI has always avoided addressing the details of creating the database or tablespace used by BSI, and in this case they have given me the same response, so no help there at the moment.

Any information related to these steps would be appreciated. If you need more information about what I am looking for, just let me know. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Best Regards,

Russel Robbins

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below are some details on the steps that I used in this case. While I cannot confirm this would be acceptable in all DB2 sites, I did want to pass along the information I was able to piece together, for anyone else looking for the same information.

The steps below will simply create the BSI tables in a separate schema (TF90), but a separate database or tablespace is not created, in this case. I decided to use this approach, since the other ECC/BSI systems at this site (created before I was involved), used this approach and only separated the BSI data from SAP, through a different schema. In other databases that I have worked with in the past, I have always separated BSI using a different tablespace or database.

1 - Create AIX user tf90 (group = dbdevadm)

Note: DB2 users are created at the OS level, not within the DB

2 - Add the following to the .profile for user tf90 (this is to ensure tf90 has full access to the DB2 database and libraries)

DATABASE=DEV

export DATABASE

DB2USER=tf90

export DB2USER

DATASET=DEFAULT

export DATASET

PASSWD=bsi

export PASSWD

LIBPATH=/usr/lib:/lib:/usr/sap/DEV/SYS/exe/run:/db2/db2dev/db2_software/lib64:/db2/db2dev/db2_software/lib32

export LIBPATH

PATH=/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/home/tf90/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:.:/db2/db2dev/sqllib/bin:/db2/db2dev/sqllib/adm:/db2/db2dev/sqllib/misc

export PATH

3 - Grant db2 permissions to user tf90

log onto aix as user db2dev

db2

grant dbadm on database to user tf90

grant connect on database to user tf90

quit

Note: I later(after the install below) removed dbadm permission for this user, because I felt it was not appropriate for this user, against the SAP database.

4 - Execute tf90db2.sql script that is provided by BSI

This script was executed by user tf90 using the command: db2 -tvsf tf90db2.sql . This created the required tables as well as the TF90 schema.

Note: I performed this step on a DB2 Express database that I had setup as a test system, and this script worked without any changes. However, when performing this on the AIX/DB2 system, I had to remove the initial drop statements from the tf90db2.sql script, since the tables did not yet exist.

5 - Revoke dbadm rights from user tf90

log onto aix as user db2dev

db2

revoke dbadm on database from user tf90

quit

6 - Continue with BSI installation steps as defined in note 1469857

At this point I continued with the BSI install steps. One item to note for those not experienced with DB2 (as is the case for me), the ODBC connection from the Windows client running the BSI TaxFactory client software, will require a DB2 database alias to be created, before the ODBC connection can be created and tested. I created this DB alias using the DB2 Configuration Assistant, that is provided as part of the DB2 client software.

Hopefully these steps will help someone else, if they are new to BSI on DB2.

Best Regards,

Russel Robbins

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use documentation available @ WWW.MYBSI.COM under MYSUPPORT option.

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ameet,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, BSI only provides information about creating the tables for BSI (as well as the rest of the install steps), but they do not provide information on creating the database and user. An example of their response to questions about creating the DB and user is shown below. Because of that, I am looking for someone who has performed these tasks on DB2, for a BSI installation.

"BSI does not provide instructions on creating a database. We do provide instructions on creating the tables on the database, but not the database itself. The DBA or IT is required to be able to create a database for TaxFactory to reside."

I have reviewed their documentation available at www.bsi.com, as well as information from previous BSI installations. So far I have not found the details specific to BSI on DB2.

Regards,

Russel Robbins

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please review below link and see if this helps.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/8a/a788667b35d111950d0060b03c6b76/content.htm

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ameet,

Thank you again for your response. However, this link is for a much older version of SAP and BSI, and does not include details about creating the database and user on DB2. I am familiar with the rest of the BSI installation process, as well as creating the database and user on other databases, but not for DB2.

Thanks again, and best regards.

Russel Robbins