cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tcode for Sales Cost Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kinldy tell me, we do cost release of material through CK40N in manufactured material. But our business scenario, we have sales order costing. During Sales order creation through VA02 and final saving the sales order, automatically sales costing and marking is done which flows to Sales pricing. But untill and unless if I not able to cost release of final finished item how my standard price will be updated ? Because our sale order costing, costing variant is PPC4 which is not being appeard in CK40N. Those materials which costing is done through CK11N only those material's cost relase is possible through CK40N.

In our our case how we will do cost release ?

Best Regards,

Samrat Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Samrat Roy,

there is no explicite price release transaction for sales order cost estimates.

The process is as follows:

You create and mark the sales order cost estimate.

When goods receipt into this sales order stock is created then:

1) system reads the marked SO cost estimate and determines the standard price for the valuated sales order stock

2) creates the valuation segment for the valuated sales order stock with the price determined in 1)

Afterwards further goods movements of this material will use this standard price.

So, you do not need to do any manual price release - this is done automatically during goods receipt posting.

Latter changes of the standard price (of this SO stock) are only possible by t-code MR21.

Best regards,

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

You have menioned how price is updated of final finishd item. If requried in future then use MR21 manual option. But the othere problem is that while calculating sales order cost during sales order level, BOM components price are also not updated. I am talking about lower parts of final finished item. If there is not explciti tcode for sales order material cost release through which I can updated material std price. You says during goods receipt it will updte automatically. But its lower parts i.e, bom components will not be updated which I have still doubt.. Because I found lower parts not being updated ...

Best Regards,

Samrat Roy

Adimallaiah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samrat,

When we do Satndard cost estimation (CK40N), this will update the standard price for all BOM header and item levels in a plant.

When we create Sales Order and does Sales order costing, the calculated value of the cost will get updated in Sales order conditions (e.g. EK02). The status is marked cost estimation. The sales order marked cost estimation is required for header material only. Bcz this cost will be posted at the time GR of production/process order and PGI for the Sales Order delivery.

That is the reason we use different costing variants for Sales order costing (eg.PPC4) and for Standard cost estimation (e.g.PPC1).

Hope the above explanation provides some inputs for your question.

BR,

ADI

former_member309133
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The sales order cost estimate is not updated in the material master. However the material for the sales order will be valued at the sales order cost.

Sangram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in your example given below, where should the released S-price of the costed sales order position be stored, there is no "material master" for a sales order position where you can update the S-price

You cannot release the plan cost estimate of a costed sales order position.

BR Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

We understand your comment. But as our scenario make to order process, one final finished item say VEHI-INTEA which is inhouse item ie, price control S, Under this S price material there is another S price material say NF01 which includes 35 BOM components. In NF01 we have put manually standard price. 35 BOM components MAP is updating from PO, GRN and planned price also available for costing. While we are doing sales order automatically costing and marking is done. We are doing sales order of final finihsed item VEHI-INTEA. Under VEHI-INTEA during cost calculation 5 components are picking due to as per BOM dependency written. Calculated cost is capturing under Pricing condition and sale price of the material is also there. If any of the components price chage and later if we want to say what is the final finished item price how we can check its standard price. Normally make to stock scenario while we do cost release of final finished item through CK40N or CK24 standard price is updated by calculating cost from its BOM components.

In our scenario if we need to update standard price how we can update standard price ? We are near to golive stage. During golive we will initailly update standard price manually. But what will happen stanard price update after golive ?. BOM componets price will change but final finished item pirce will not update.

In this Sales Order costing while automatice marking is done then it is not updated in material master costing 2 veiw where as normal cost release through CK40N in marking stage, price goes to future price under costing 2 tab and after release, price stamped to current price of Costing 2 view of material master and as well as standard price also updated under Accounting 1.

Best Regards,

Samrat Roy