cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOXI R2 Restrict visiblity/access on CMC home page

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to setup a sub-Administrator group that would be able to add users and update permissions for their specified group(s) but have the ability to do nothing else on the CMC. We have created the sub-Admin group and these users can add/delete permissions and users within their groups. When the user logs into the CMC all items on the home page are visible:

Folders

Objects

Groups

Users

Profiles

Server Groups

Servers

Categories

Personal Categories

Inboxes

Universe Connections

Universes

Calendars

Events

Settings

BusinessObjects Enterprise Applications

License Keys

Authentication

Is there a way to change the visibility or access of the CMC home page so that a specific group would not see the majority of the items and only have access to Folders, Users, and Groups items?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In XI R2 and in your case, Please apply the next steps for the following items:

Universes

Universe Connections

Servers

Inboxes

Categories

Server Groups

Profiles

Calendars

Events

Here are the steps (I choose Categories as example):

1. Log on to the Central Management Console (CMC) as administrator.

2. Click Categories > Rights.

3. If your user group is not listed here, please add it through the "Add/Remove" option

4. Click the No Access option in the Access Level drop-down list for that group. Click Update.

5. Do the same things for the others sections.

Then you will notice that Settings, License Keys and Authentication are also removed.

Regards,

Monia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monia, this tips are very useful to me, because I want to do something similar.

The CMC's icons selected, disappears if you apply the steps of your reply , but the combobox in CMC still show the options that I want restrict. How restrict the list options in combobox in CMC?

I appreciate your support

Best regards

Susana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Susana,

Could please move your question to a new thread, so we can answer it?

Kind Regards,

Monia.

former_member186487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

How the above suggestion given by Monia can be acived in BI 4.1. I do not see the option Rights in Categories.

Please advice if it is possible.

Best Regards,

SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra.

The Monia's response  include an example of the steps to build some levels of security.

In Categories option, click the right button of the mouse and you can select

Properties ---> User Security and then you will can build security of the categories that

you want protect

Best Regards,

Susana

Answers (0)