cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Form error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm migrating Portal 7.0 to 7.3; in Portal 7.0 we have a WD Java app. with an Interactive Form within, working fine.

When I did the WD Java migration app. to NWDS 7.3, everything was ok, I deployed... but when I try to run the app., the system gives me an error with the Interactive Form:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: can't parse argument number urn:AdobeDocumentServicesWsd/AdobeDocumentServicesVi/document 
    at java.text.MessageFormat.makeFormat(MessageFormat.java:1339)
    at java.text.MessageFormat.applyPattern(MessageFormat.java:458)
    at java.text.MessageFormat.<init>(MessageFormat.java:350)
    at java.text.MessageFormat.format(MessageFormat.java:811)
    at com.sap.tc.adobe.pdfobject.base.core.PDFObjectRuntimeException$DummyLocalizableTextFormatter.<init>(PDFObjectRuntimeException.java:43)
    ... 67 more

Anyone could help me with this?

Thx!

Miguel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try to open the template in new adobe livecycle designer and save it, the template may need update .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Do you know where could I download the adobe livecycle designer fro NWDS 7.3? I can not find it anywhere...

Thx!

Miguel.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you know where to download nw7.3?

just select entry by component , you will get it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oj! what a silly mistake...!!! all the time I was looking for LifeCycle instead of LiveCycle... Thanks John!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I downloaded Adobe LiveCycle Designer 9.0 (ALD90P_2-10008783.EXE); I executed .exe file and everything seemed to be right; but into my NWDS 7.3, when I'm going into my Interactive Form, I do a right-click mouse button, Edit, and a new tab is opened (called Interactive Form), but nothing happens... is an empty tab.

Any idea?

Thx!

Miguel.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/nw/730/doc/prerequisites.html

check this page,

install following first.

The Developer Studio requires the following native libraries to be installed on the system:

Microsoft Redistributable Runtime DLLs VS2005 SP1 (x86), version 8.0.50727.4053 or higher

SAP RFC Library for 32-bit Windows

SAP Graphics Chart Control

SAP Webdynpro IDE Form Designer Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Yes, everything was installed before, but anyway, I just installed again... and it still fails as I said before... a blank tab is opened when I do Edit action over Interactive Form

I'm gonna test the same in another machine with Windows XP instead of Windows 7 / 64 bit... and I'll write the results...

Thx!

Miguel Angel.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can try to create new to see if the designer can be opened correctly

second, you can try to open the original xdp directly to see if the file is broken or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Finally I could open the Adobe Form, I saved it again, I built & deployed the DC, but the error still remains...

I think I'll make the corresponding SmartForm, I guess it will be easier...

Thx anyway!!!

Miguel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please do tell me how you achieved it, as i am facing the same problem. After right clicking the interactive form and trying to edit i am getting a blank tab. This is urgent and plz do tell me the sollution.

Anjanav das

anjanavdas@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John

I am facing the same problem, of blank tab. I have installed all the software. I have located the xdp file and saw that its of 0 KB so i opened that in adobe live cycle 9.0. added few txt fields just for test and saw that it got saved. but if i am right clicking on the interactive from to edit it i am getting a blank tab. plz help. Its urgent

Anjanav Das

+919582604114

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anjanav,

It was a Windows version error... I tried it again in a Windows XP OS and it worked...

Miguel Angel.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

No idea about it? I read in http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=792124&tstart=0&start=0 that maybe some "additional ADS component" should be installed... ?

Thx!

Miguel Angel.