cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date outside Storage Buckets Profile area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I'm getting the above message in the DP planning book, now the period say M 01/14 but in my planning area the dates are from 010109 - 123116. The storage buckets profile itself was originally set to 12312010.

Now sure what I need to do to correct this issue. Any ideas are greately appreciated

Thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would start by checking the time stream (/n/sapapo/calendar) associated with the storage bucket profile and regenerating it .

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked that made sure they were insync, any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

Please check the horizon used for storage bucket Profile for this planning area. Is this date outside this horizon?

Are you also using some time stream associated with Storage Bucket profile?

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasun,

Yea the storage bucket profile has an end date of 12/31/2010 so I should have had this error before 01/2014. Now I have no idea why the profile was set to 2010, system was setup before I moved from the business into IT.

The time stream is set out to 12/31/2015, so this hole issue has me very puzzeled.

When changing the time series or storage buckets profile dates, what are the steps that should be followed?

Thanks

Paul

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Storage bucket profile is actually defining the horizon in which data can be stored in planning area, but I have also seen that even when you have the end date of the storage bucket profile in the past, you don't normally face issues if you just keep on extending the time series. My guess is that this is a kind of bug in SAP (at least in SCM 5.0). When we got the error of "Date outside Storage Buckets Profile area", running a time series consistency check took care of the issue.

Ideally, the storage bucket profile should be kept sufficiently big. Till the time you really generate time series, you are not really using the livecache, so it's not costing you.

The time series should be extended periodically e.g. on a weekly or monthly basis. After you extend the time series, the time series consistency check should be run.

Regards - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

You can execute transaction /n/SAPAPO/TR32, select the storage bucket profile and change the end date to say 31/12/2014. Then save it. Let us know if the issue is still there.

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

PrasunM

Was able to fix the issue in our sandbox. Had to extend out the factory calendar, then re do the time series and all the other dates, so I will walk the changes through all our systems.

Thanks for the help

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pawan,

I landed on this thread post a ditto observation in our system too,  leading me to the same conclusion, I have seen it in the long past but never bothered to understand.

but I have also seen that even when you have the end date of the storage bucket profile in the past, you don't normally face issues if you just keep on extending the time series. My guess is that this is a kind of bug in SAP (at least in SCM 5.0).

This is cause of much confusion by SAP in things as basic as this.

Do you think this really doesn't cause issues. e.g. esp. when you take back up of planning area.

In this context, I  wanted to know the possible reasons why key figure data in back up cube wont match that of planning area. I hope this is not one of the reasons re the same. May be may be not ! 

Thanks

Guru