cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insufficient authority to change communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to edit the communication channel in production env and it gives an error message "insufficient authority to change communication channel". I can do the same in D and Q with no issues and I have the same securty roles in D.Q, and Prod.

Any ideas ?

thanks in advance!

Shany

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member216353
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shany,

The error is clear and the root cause of the issue is that you have not been given sufficient authorizations as it is Production box.

Please check with your BASIS team and try to get the required access, then you should be able to edit the objects.

regards,

Younus

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shany,

I've faced a similar issue in another PRD enviroment, and also having the same roles than DEV and QAS.

But it was a server error, because sometimes, the server showed up: "No authorization for this action" suddenly.

I quit, and entered again, and normally it worked again.

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

In my case, a pop up is coming up which says "Insufficient authorization to change CC".

Any other ideas ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you using SAP standard roles for PI??

You might want to check in the Netweaver Administrator for logs & traces in order to detect the exact authorization problem.

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check here [http://www.erpgenie.com/sap/netweaver/xi/xiauthorizations.htm] the authorisations that you might need.

If you don't have them in your profile talk to your S&A team about it.

Regards,

Horia

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shany,

This Normally occurs because of network issues or Java inconsistancies... are you trying to access the Server Remotely ? or trying to edit in the server??

if you are trying in server level and if you are facing the same issue check with some other user if they are able to open??

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Any solution for this problem?

I am facing the same issue. I tested in my PC with PISUPER and in the server side with my user. After some time if I try to edit or save any object it gives me the error "no authorization for this action" or "Insufficient authorization to change object".

I found note 1647993 which says that I should install latest SP. In that case I will install SP009 for 7.11. It was released this Feb.

After installation I will let you know.

Thanks.

Luis.