cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are S / H used for Debit / Credit indicators?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to SAP and am curious as to what the S and H indicators actually stand for, probably in German? Being American, I am accustomed to D=Debit, C=Credit, which is easy to remember. If I could associate a word with each of the letters S and H, it would make it easier for me to remember which is which. Even if the words were German, that would be very helpful.

Thank you,

Geordon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

clinton_jones2
Active Participant

i always remember them by the fact that they are alphabetically common

H - Credit

S - Debit

H - Haben (Having/Owning?)

S - Soll (Against?)

Help me Julius

Edited by: Clinton Jones on Feb 3, 2012 7:20 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both answers were valuable to me. I tried to assign points, but maybe I can't, since I don't have any, myself. In any case, thank you.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The currency in Coffee Corner is ... coffee

Thomas

P.S. being able to assign points only when having some yourself is an interesting idea, actually...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message at the top of this thread tells me to use the radio buttons to award points, but I ddid't see any radio buttons before I marked my question as answered, during the marking of it being answered, nor afterwards. I even looked at the instructional page, and couldn'f find anything there, either. Maybe, you are right -- I have to email "Enterprise Java Beans" to everyone?

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

P.S. being able to assign points only when having some yourself is an interesting idea, actually...

--> Implementing this and reset points of all users to 0.

--> Breaking News: Point fanatics commit suicide en mass!

😛

You can't assign points in the coffee corner. Delicious Java Beans are welcomed though!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try logging on in German and looking at the data element.

Rob