cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Party Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

i have a problem where i need to send an idoc from my R/3 system to my xi system process it ans store it in a specific location, but the idoc i am sending is of type "Customer" i.e KU. i am able to find the xml idoc send from the R/3 system in my monitor but it showing a message "service and party not defined". i tried creating a party but failed.

can any one tell me how to create a party, any naming conventions etc and also how do we configure data in communication channel, identifier tab.

i am relatively new to xi so if some one could explain me briefly it would be helpful

thanks,

Raju N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look at this weblog to understand the party object

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/08/b2b-and-the-hype-about-the-party

you need to have ALE#KU

Regards,

michal

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A party is needed only in case of a B2B scenario. In your case let me confirm something,

1.have you created the specific RFC destinations and

ports ?

2. has the partner profile (outbound) been configured ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello vijaykumar,

every thing is configured, i am able to see the idoc in my monitor. but the problem is, it is not able to find the exact service and party. but i have doubt regarding the configuration thats to be made on xi system. that is in ID1 and ID2, what the receiver partner type should be as the sender type is KU etc.

thanks,

RAJU N

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>doubt regarding the configuration thats to be made on xi system. that is in ID1 and ID2

nothing needs to be done in idx1 nor idx2

just check Shabarish's weblog from my response

and you'll be a ble to define party properly

Regards,

michal

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as per the weblog ... if u actually are looking to configure a party then in your case it woudl be ALE#KU.

But what i wonder is why you need a party here. Mostly a party is needed if you are interacting to a different business (B2B). If all you need is to sent in a Idoc to XI say (IDOC to File scenario or something similar) i am not sure if u need to create a party.

Mike, what do you think ?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Shabarish

yes you <b>need</b> a party if you want to

use something other then "LS"

do you know any other way to specify identifiers in

any other place then with a party object?

I checked the business systems to make sure

and I don't think there's any other way

then as shown in your weblog

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello michal,

your views helped me a lot but, what we are doing is sending a order respone from r/3-XI-xml file. For example we are sending conformations for partner 1012(soldto) only, for other partner we are not sending any response.

We have given the partner type as KU which we have to do in our scenario. so if we give the type as KU we need to definetly need a party as you said.

we can even find the send idoc XML in our monitor but the process in not succusful we are getting the following error message "service and party not defined". what i feel is there is definetly a problem with the party. we have defined party and under the party under bussiness system we have used the services, is it ok or we need to define it under bussiness services.

and also two other concerns are while creating party how exactly do we need to give the identifiers. and also the identifier tab under communication channel which we define.

if you can send me any documents my id is : kittu1234@yahoo.com

thanks,

raju N

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>bussiness system we have used the services, is it ok or we need to define it under bussiness services.

you need to use a business system

>>>>and also two other concerns are while creating party how exactly do we need to give the identifiers. and also the identifier tab under communication channel which we define.

just check the weblog it shows the same entry you need

to make but you need to use ALE#KU

nothing more I guess

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello michal,

If possible please send me your mail ID so that i can send some screen shots so that you can identify where am i struck easily.

Once more very thanks for your help.

regards,

raju N

Message was edited by: Raju N

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

please put screens on the www server and post links here

if possible so more people will be able to help you

thanks,

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

Follow this link you would find a word file which consists of some screen shots. may this would help you to understand my problem better

http://www.mediamax.com/krishnamrajun/Links/118C1F4873

thanks,

Raju N

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Finally i just got the time to simulate the R3 -> Xi -> File succesfully

Ok here i go;

1. Create a party for your file (provide the entry dps - ALE#KU - (the partner number*))

2. assign the BS say File_Recv to this party and make the corresponding CC to receive the file.

3. assign your R3 BS to the scenario.

4. continue with your recv. det., int. det. and recv. det. (give the party where ever the FILE_RECV BS comes.)

Do get back in case you need more clarifications.

• partner number shoudl be of length 10.

Message was edited by: Shabarish Vijayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sabrish,

thanks a lot for your reply, as you can see in my first screen shot i have defined both the sender system and receiver system services under bussiness systems. my sender system is an R/3 system where as my reciever is third party. i used on communication channel under my third party system that is a file adapter that would pick up the xml idoc move it into interface structure (that is idoc structure which i have imported) this would be outbound interface automatically. i used a inbound interface that is a pip structure(this is my target structure).

i have performed all the necessary mapping and created a interface mapping with source interface as my imported idoc structure and target as my pip structure.

if you cant get me i can send it in screen shots again.

And also what should i give as agency under my communication channel identifier

i have made some changes and tried but still failed. i hope this information would help you better to understand my problem better.

thanks

raju N

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raju,

if i have got your problem right then this should be the solution or at least this should indeed be of help to you.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/13/wanna-party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sabrish,

i to fell that this blog will help me a lot, i will get back to you soon.

Thanks a lot

Regards,

Raju N

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sabrish,

it seems that my problem is not still solved, i still get the same error message, my link has some screen shot s, otherwise i am ready to send you full details in screen shots so you can have a complete picture of my problem.

http://www.mediamax.com/krishnamrajun/Links/603A2FA2FA

thanks,

Raju N

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm this thread is gettin longer than i expected

Well lemme confirm one thing from your doc,

1.your scenario is an IDOc to File?

2.under file_receiver you have the BS idoc_recv_service (this will receive the file), you have a CC idoc_receiver_comm

idoc_receiver_comm - this sud be a File receiver adapter

3. DPS is your R3 - then you Recv. det. looks wrong.

Please ref. my weblog to get a clear picture.

get back for more clarifications !!

Plz take care to avoid simple errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sabarish,

i have made all the changes but still i find the same error. I have no idea what the reason would, this link below would give you brief idea of things i have done.

http://www.mediamax.com/krishnamrajun/Links/03F6AF814D

Thanks,

Raju N.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your screenshots look good !!

Can you now paste the screenshot of the party and the entries inside it.

Also is the adapteridoc_receiver_comm a file adapter ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sabarish,

yes, i have used a file adapter. i have attatched some more screen shots to the existing in this link.

http://www.mediamax.com/krishnamrajun/Links/9FA7BD091C

thanks,

Raju N.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well, i guess we r running out of trouble shooting steps here

Anyway my last guess is that there is an error in your party creation.

is it the same way as i have specified in the blog ?

Agency -

Scheme -

Name

(system name of R3) ALE#KU (partner number)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sabrish,

In fact i was able to solve the problem. Thing is that we need not create a party at all even if the partner type is KU.

if just created a service under bussiness service which has a file adapter in communication channel, this service acts as my reciver service. and as usual i have have created my service under bussiness system for my r/3 system. and rest is the same.

Thanks for all the help you have provided me.

thanks,

Raju N