cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malaysia GST Tax regulation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am working on Malaysia GST Tax regulation , I will appreciate if any one is familiar or point to any documentation or OSS notes to implement the solution.

Thanks for looking .

Thanks

Amy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (18)

Answers (18)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda,

please refer to OSS notes

2014530- Adobe interactive services requires to be connected to the sAP server but the GST-03 report is in standard pdf output and does not require any ADS licenses.

please refer to notes and pre-reqs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting error in GST-03 report.

Message no, FPRUNX001.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sreeja

please provide screen shot

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enclosed is the screen shot

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sreeja,

have you activated ADS as part of the pre req to activate the malaysian GST in pdf format.

there is no licenses required to have ADS installed.

please refer to Note 2014530

regards

sinu

0 Kudos

Hello Amy,

Please Check NOTE : 2134612 - Frequently asked questions on Malaysia GST-03 legal change 2015.

This Note lists out all the SAP NOTEs with respect to Malaysia legal change. Also, I have answers to all frequently asked questions. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jabir

SAP AGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

Below steps you need to follow to update the GST Taxes in Malaysia if you are existing Working on Malaysia Project.

FICO Steps ;

Define Global Parameter (Activate EC Code Tick )

Path : SPRO - SAP Netweaver è General settings è set countries è define countries in mysap systems

Define Global Parameter

Path : SPRO - Financial accounting – Financial accounting global settings –Tax on sales /purchases –Basic settings –

Define condition types:

Path : SPRO - Financial accounting – Financial accounting global settings –Tax on sales /purchases – -Basic settings-Check calculation procedure –Double click on define condition types

Define procedures

Path : SPRO - Financial accounting – Financial accounting global settings –Tax on sales /purchases –Basic settings –Check calculation procedure

Check and change settings for tax processing

Path SPRO - Financial accounting – Financial accounting global settings –Tax on sales /purchases ––Basic settings-Check and change settings for tax processing

Assign country to calculation procedure  ( Validate )

Path : SPRO - Financial accounting – Financial accounting global settings –Tax on sales /purchases – Basic settings –Assign country to calculation procedure

Define tax codes for sales and purchases

Path : SPRO - Financial accounting – Financial accounting global settings –Tax on sales /purchases – Calculation –Define tax codes for sales and purchases (Tr code is FTXP) 

Define tax accounts

Path : SPRO - Financial accounting – Financial accounting global settings –Tax on sales /purchases – Define Tax accounts (Tr code is OB40) 

Regards,

Milind Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there now a confirmed fix patch note for GST in Malaysia ? Thanks.

Ajay_Uniyal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solution is already released for GST-03.

Kindly refer oss note

2070289 : DDIC

2014530 : Report

Documentation is attached to 2014530 note . Also refer 2073648 for information on customization and

pre-requisite needed.

Best Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check out these notes

1932169Malaysia Legal Change Announcement: GST MALAYSIA
2073648Malaysia GST03 - Additonal information on prerequisites and customizations
2070289Malaysia GST-03 Legal Change : DDIC Note
2014530Malaysia GST-03 Legal Change : Report Note
former_member193511
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the perspective of GST reporting requirements,  i.e. GST-03 (GST filing) and GAF file format for audit purpose, SAP has delivered SAP notes for GST-03 filing to local tax authority as part of solution; as for GAF, SAP notes is still not available until today.

To implement solution by SAP notes available for GST-03, below should be the sequence for applying the notes.

1) Evaluate SAP note 1932169 for prerequisite of support package required to implement the below SAP notes.

2) Implement SAP note 2070289, the DDIC for GST-03

3) Implement SAP note 2014530, the report for GST-03 (take note that it is mandatory to have Adobe server connected to SAP server to print GST-03 form)

4) Implement SAP note 20173648 for additional customizing which will be used by GST-03

Kind regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Please find below steps for setting up GST for Malaysia

• You specify the valid tax types in transaction OVK1

The SAP System determines the taxes automatically within pricing. (Already present for MY for Tax category MWST)

• In the standard SAP R/3 System, the elements of tax calculation are predefined (for example, tax condition type "MWST" for taxes on sales and purchases).
  • Assign the plant for Tax Determination in OX10, using the country key, the SAP System recognizes which tax type is valid for a plant and thus which taxes are relevant when creating an SD document.
  • Define the Customer Taxes in OVK3, you will maintain the tax code in Customer Master.
  • Define the Material Taxes in OVK4, which will then be maintain in Material Master.

For example :-
MWST GST 0    Tax Exempt
MWST GST 1    Liable for Taxes

• Now, you define the Tax Determination in VK12.

VK12 - Domestic Taxes/Export Taxes

Condition Type    MWST

Customer Taxes    Material Taxes     Rate Taxes
       0                                    0                          0 %
       0                                    1                          0 %
       1                                    0                          0 %
       1                                    1                          9 %

In this example, if both the Customer Master and Material Master Tax code is 1, Tax will be included when you create the Sales Order.

Vikas Purswani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

What I read in SAP OSS, 1932169, they are yet to update the release notes for this by end-September with further updates. We need to wait and look for the 'recommended' changes, if any.

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i am not able to locate the SAP OSS Note 1932169 in relation to SAP B1 version 9.0 or even 8.82. Can someone enlighten, if there is any note pertaining to Malaysia GST compliance with SAP B1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

can somebody tell how to go about implemeting GST in Malysia for ECC 5.0.

Do we need to configure new taxation procedute or we can create new tax code and assign to existing procedure. please share step by step process and its impact on old procedure.

Also give the options to keep the old procedure and its impacts

milind_joshi7
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

We are following the same tax procedure with addition of NDT Condition with is ( Non Deductible Tax ) which get account the values in Expenditure according to tax law of Malaysia. Example tax code is

Purchase from non GST-registered supplier withno GST incurred. 0% Tax code : NR

Purchases with GST incurred but not claimable(Disallowance of Input Tax) (e.g. medicalexpenses for staff). 6% Tax code : BL

For your information.

Regards

Milind Joshi

katie_sap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

have any of you guys know on the reverse charge treatment for GST Malaysia? and how it will be accounted for?

regards

Viru

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm looking for the same thing.  I hope someone who has implemented it can share with us their experiences.

Former Member
0 Kudos

is any one know whether  sap 9 is a Malaysia GST compliant ? which patches ?

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer to SAP OSS Note 1932169 which talks about the Application patch level required depending on your EhP Level.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sanil,

I did refer to sap OSS note 1932169 - I thought that one is meant for R3 . Not SAP business one. correct me if I m wrong. by the way, my sap b1 patch is  sap9 PL12

thanks

Regards,

laykian

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Apologies for missing out. The OSS Note is also on Version 9 and I missed out the query completly

Regards

Sanil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

When I try to access this note(1932169) in the market place it's throwing an error "Document is not released".   Is anyone facing the same issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even, I'm facing the same error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Update available for this note 1932169 as released by SAP on 16.04.2014

Thanks

Ezals.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Put me in the loop.

Not sure will SAP help to tackle tricky part of the Designated Areas Scenario.

Thank you very much.

Trevor Wong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

I am also in a similar situation where I need the tax codes configured in the system for Malaysia.

Kindly help if anyone has any updates on this.

Thanks,

Pooja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NCLTEC GST COMPLIANT ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE ONLINE WEB BASED

GST Compliance Approved By Royal Malaysia Customs Department

Comprehensive Modules And Features

- Invoicing

- Account

- Stock Control

- Multi Currency

- GST ready

- Web Based

Normal Price : Rm1,299

Promotion Price : Rm 1,000

With SME GST Grant E-Voucher - Free or Rm 0 cost ( Subject To Approval From SME Corp )

Email : sales@nclenergy.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

Haven't found any answer as to whether SAP will be releasing any package of OSS notes because of the Malaysian 2015 move to GST.

I'd assume that there will be some standard configuration changes on tax calculations, procedures,...that will require adjustment and have not found a post or any message from SAP with regards to this subject.

Anyone has any update?

Regards