cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retract data from BPC 10.0 to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are attempting to retract data from netweaver BPC 10.0 to ECC. We have followed the how to guide (How To... Retract data from BPC 7.5 NetWeaver to SAP ERP Cost Center Accounting,) which details steps for version 7.5.

We have attempted to implement the transport in the appendix of this guide which implements class ZCL_BPC_RTRCT_SUPERCLASS. This transport fails as it is missing method GET_APPL_DATA. Has anyone had any experience with this class in 10.0, or even 7.5? Alternatively, does anyone have guidliness for implementing retractionto ECC in BPC 10.0?

Many thanks,

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The APIs used in that superclass have changed between the 7.5 and 10.0 releases. The transport will definitely fail, but the super class should still be installed, just inactive. Anyway, if you have a clever ABAP resource on staff, he/she could probably find the issue, and also a replacement for that API, but I would imagine that that is not the only issue with this super class. I will forward this to a colleague who wrote the HTG for 7.5 and see if there are plans for a 10.0 version.

CHeers,

RIch Heilman

Edited by: Rich Heilman on Feb 7, 2012 10:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Richard,

Thanks for your response. I've had a look through the sample code in teh How To and this is the only method I can see that is missing. Unfortunately I don't have access to 7.5 system otherwise I will have attempted to recreate the method myself. Is there any way we can get access to the code and signature for this method?

Rgds,

James

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The method is not missing from the super class itself, it is missing from a class from a standard object in BPC, which is being called in the super class. So creating the method will do you no good. Also, there is a READ_TRANS_DATA method in that super class, which calls the UJQ function module. In 10.0, this function module exists, but it no longer does anything. The code for retrieving data is commented out a couple levels below. So that method, READ_TRANS_DATA will need to be updated to use the new API for reading transaction data. This is just one more example of how this super class is broken in 10.0. I have reached out to my colleague who wrote the guide, and he is going to put it on his list of things to complete, but not sure how soon it will be ready. Again, what you are seeing when importing the transport is only your FIRST problem, there are more.

Cheers,

Rich Heilman

rajkumar_kandula
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

Any update on this issue. Are we able to perform retraction in BPC 10 using the above discussed method. If we choose to activate the super class in spite of these error, can we able to finish the retraction. If not, can you update us how can we finish this. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

Would you provide me the solution how can we achieve this. I am facing the same issue as we are migrating from BPC 7.5 to BPC 10.0.

Thanks in Advance,

Siva Nagaraju

ivan_blatnik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rich!

any update on this How too...document?

Kind regards

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan!

Sorry for bumping in on your question to Rich, but I asked SAP again for not that long time a go and the anser from SAP is that it probabaly won be any How to Guide for BPC 10 at all. The guy who wrote the How to guide for 7.5 says that he  doesn´t work on that at all and he dont even know if he is going to do it either.

So it seems like we are left to ourself to finding a proper soution for this.

Br
Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

I am Venkata. I tried to Retract data from BPC 10 to ECC. I have replaced all new interfaces for BPC10 in BI  methods of Superclass retraction class. As you said i  have updated READ_TRANS_DATA to use the new API for reading transaction data. When i run from Data Manager->Run package it gave me error message:Failed to get the parameter of &Application_Name& model. Can you please help me to resolve this error.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkata Vinodh Kotha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

In BPC 10 NW, the data entered in Input Forms has to be retracted to ECC.

For this retraction we are following below link.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c029accf-6d95-2d10-79aa-cc291180b...

In this document, I am unable to get the details of class ZCL_BPC_RTRCT_SUPERCLASS.

as it is Z class, i am unable to create in my system.

could you please help me.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ivan_blatnik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi chaps!

We are testing this BADI and it seems that input from BPC is getting values also on hierarchy nodes - not only base level members. Anyone knows how to avoid this?

Thank you, Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

I am Venkata. Can you please help me to retract data from BPC10 to ECC. I have replaced all new interfaces for BPC10 in BI  methods of Superclass retraction class and also i  have updated READ_TRANS_DATA to use the new API for reading transaction data. When i run from Data Manager->Run package it gave me error message:Failed to get the parameter of &Application_Name& model. When i am debugging the code it show me an exception CX_RSD_IOBJ_NOT_FOUND occurred in function UJN_API_GET_CUBE_DETAIL. please share me steps and if any coding you have updated for retraction.

Thank you very much

Venkata

Former Member
0 Kudos

please open a new thread with your question!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Just now i started a new discussion, would you please help me.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Could your please share about SAP BAdI super class configuration on BPC 10 NW from you said process is done. Because I find knowledge from sap forum and open OSS message ask sap support team sap say you can see all information configuration as below url.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-4229

When we apply all instruction from url done. We test BPC 10 NW Retract data to ERP 6.0 system found problem as below topic.

1. Process chain /CPMB/EXPORT_TD_TO_BADI error because BADI super class not found RFC Destination to ERP 6.0 System.

Solution to Resolved:

>> Maintain configuration in SPRO BPC Global parameter

>> Specify RFC Name in BADI Super class

2. When we change all instruction from topic 1 done. we try to test BPC 10 NW Retract data to ERP 6.0 system again. But this test found error as below

Success with error

>> Not found Application_ID

>> Not found Appset_ID

I need to help from BPC expert share all configuration and other enhancement source code to resolved the problem.

BR,

Thongtaworn S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

I've had another look at the class and yes you are correct, there is quite a bit missing. I've come across one of you other posts which details how to read from BPC, this is very helpful, I'm posting the link to this thread in acse anyone else finds it helpful too:

Many thanks for your help.

James

ALinetzky
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear James

Could you solve this issue, i have the same issue

Regards

Ariel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI james ,

I am also facing the same issue!! can any one helpe me to sort out the issue!!

Regards,

Srinivasan.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We have also this requirement and we raised an oss ticket a while back on this, the answer from SAP is that they are aware of this issue and will fix it but unfortunaly there´s no time estimation on it.

Regards Patrick

sunny_reddy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ..!!!

I m also doing as same Process ,trying retract the data from BPC10 to ECC, he throwing  error,Saying that (Error) "Function not define" like that ,and 2nd time running the process saying that " data flow not match" . we checked the transport connections and data mapping from model(BPC) to ECC .

Pl suggest the process ..!

Thanks for advance

Regards

Sasi

rajkumar_kandula
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi.

It would be helpful if you can elaborate your issue with a screenshot. Also, i suggest you to start a new discussion for a prompt response. Thanks.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Just now i started a new discussion, would you please help me.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3482465

Thanks,

Siva