Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating mantainance view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I need to create a view combining data from several tables (a lot). I read documentation about it and I understood that, if my requirement is to create relationship in outer join (and this is my case) I need to create maintainance view.

I really don't need "MANTAIN".. I need just for reading, but creating just a database view, "outer" condition fails.

So I created mantainance view and I activated it. But I cannot use in program or for reading table content. If I try to click on button to see tables content (from SE11), a message tells me:

No database view exists for view ZALLPDATAO

Where ZALLPDATAO is mantainance view I created.

Can someone explain me what am I missing and where I am wrong please?

Thanks

Gabriele

Edited by: Gabriele Montori on Feb 7, 2012 3:30 PM

Edited by: Gabriele Montori on Feb 7, 2012 3:31 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if this is similar to your case..

[http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2131742&tstart=0]

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if this is similar to your case..

[http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2131742&tstart=0]

0 Kudos

thanks .. I will try to use TMG

Phillip_Morgan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Gabriele,

Why don't you try transaction SQVI? It is only for reporting and is simpler and quicker than a query. It has a graphic interface to choose your joins. It may be limited for what you need but if it works you can also convert it to a query and do more.

I use it a lot when testing my programs to verify the data I get.

Only disadvantage is the lists you create are only visible to you.

Hope this helps.

Phillip

0 Kudos

Hi & thanks

It's a really usefull tcode I did not know. Thank you very much I'll use it. Just a question: do you know if it's possible to avoid limitation of table can be used once? I have a table with same type data more times on a single row and want to bind it to their description that is on same table...

0 Kudos

I am not sure I understand. You want to repeat the same table two times in the same join?

One thing you can do if you have authorisations is create a view in SE11 with some of the tables you need.

0 Kudos

thanks. It was exactly what I was talking about. In SQVI cannot use same table two times (and for description table is a problem).

It seems working using view basing on same table

0 Kudos

just last question: is it possible to create report or extract abap code of query created ?

0 Kudos

You cannot generate code directly from an SQVI query.

You need to first convert the SQVI to a query (SQ01, SQ02) then you can generate code.

But I would be careful with this option. Code generated by a query is complicated.

Best thing is to write a program then use the query to verify the outcome of your pgm.