cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage the regulatory data import into specification database?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have a EH&S implementation project for a distribution company which has no other sap module and very limited scope.

They want to get the 3E data, compare and update and send/updates with vendors and customers and also inteface the data with AS 400.

They are not willing to use the Ariel ADM tool and any other additional licensing, due to limited scope.The 3E is sending the file in xml format. So the EH&S OCC connector could be used. but this again needs the use of ehs expert, which needs additional licensing and scope increase.

Does anybody worked on intergrating 3E data into specifications without usig ADM and OCC?

Regards

Milmuk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Milmuk

in theory: if you know the EH&S data model you can "parse" the XML data stream (using XLST transformation etc.) to get a standard EH&S input file which can be used.

In any case. you need to perform "mapping" (depending of phrases whch you have prepared etc.)

As explained: EHS OCC is part of the license. To my knowledge: by seting up the OCC you will get a "file" (pdf or word) in which the use of OCC is explained. If you are "new here: it can take long to undertsand how to use the tool and to prepare the right set up etc.

In my opinion: one of the "better" options in your case.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks C.B.

Our requirement is just to import the regulatory data for the compliance check from 3E. Once the data gets captured in specification property tree, we can utilize it further. We don't have the scope and resources to make a complex design.

If the specification system could be able to receive the regulatory content in any other file format, we can ask 3E to provide the files in that format ( if possible). As I understand,the standard systems used are IMDS or OCC or Ariel ADM. IMDS also seems to have a separate license.

Does anybody worked on integrating 3E/regulatory data into specifications without using ADM and IMDS? ( very much using the standard SAP out of the box functionality). We are using ECC 6 with EhP 5.

Regards

Milmuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milmuk,

Why do not you use the OCC? OCC works with XML files.

As Michael pointed out there is no additional licens needed.

I think that the 3E programs might be using it as well....

Greets

Mark

0 Kudos

Hi Milmuk,

for EHS customers no additional licensing is required to use Expert or Open Content Connector (OCC) as both add-on applications are part of the EHS standard. Expert/OCC are included in the same setup kit and are sharing some libraries, but they are independent applications. I.e. you don't have to install/use Expert in order to be able to use OCC.

Regards,

Michael