cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to figure out parameter type with question mark and database icon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I m new to Crystal Reports and I have a question regarding parameters. Someone at work created a Crystal Report and it contains 2 parameters that have an icon which is new to me when it comes to parameter. The icon looks like a question mark along with a Database icon.

Can someone help me figure out what type of parameter is that and how i can get more info about using such parameters?

I have Crystal Reports 2008.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you open the Formula Workshop the parameters show up under the 'Report Fields'. Yes, then contain a '?' mark before their name. When you double-click the parameter in the formula workshop to use it in the report, the parameter will look like this:

{?Parameter_Name}.

If you wish to find out more about the Parameter, you can go to the Design View of the Report and find that parameter in the 'Field Explorer'.

Once you locate the parameter, right-click it and select 'Edit'. It will show you if the parameter is 'Static' or 'Dynamic'. It will also show the database field being used(if at all) as the 'List-of-values' and some more options.

Hope this helps!

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

Thanks for your reply.

I was referring to the Design Mode where you see Database Fields, Formula Fields, Parameter Fields and Special Fields.

Under Parameter Fields, I have three Parameters. One parameter has a regular icon, but the other 2 have an icon that has a question mark and a database cylinder as its icon. I was wondering why is it that these two parameters have different icons.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The symbol indicates that the Parameter is being used some where in the report can be in Report/Group Selections/Fornula.

Cheers,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying Kiran. The parameter is being used in the Record Selection Formula.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even you can use 'find in formula' option to check the same.

Right-click on Parameter--> Find in Formula.

Cheers,

Kiran