Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked Stock

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

What is the meaning of blocked stock in SAP? For example i have material A with quantity 100. I want to set this 100 quantity as blocked stock. In which transaction in SAP i can set this stock quantity as blocked?

In which transaction in SAP, i can see the blocked stock details for entire plant?

Is this blocked stock will be considered during MRP as available stock?

What is the difference between restricted use stock and blocked stock?

Please guide me.

Thanks

psk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shail_verma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Concept behind blocked stock can be confusing specially since SAP has stock classifications like restricted, blocked, reserved, in-transit stock. Here is a detailed tutorial on Blocked stock.

Tried to explain with some scenarios and how to put this knowledge to practical use. Hope that SAP Community finds it useful.

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello PSK,

1. What is the meaning of blocked stock in SAP? For example i have material A with quantity 100. I want to set this 100 quantity as blocked stock. In which transaction in SAP i can set this stock quantity as blocked?

- Blocked Stock is again a Stock Type. Similar to Unrestricted/QI Stock for each storage Location. You can simply use movt typ-e- 344 to mvoe unrestricted stock to Blocked using MB1B.

2. In which transaction in SAP, i can see the blocked stock details for entire plant?

- It's again @ Storage Location level. so to have it at Plant level, need to check if any tcode available or not.

3. Is this blocked stock will be considered during MRP as available stock?

- You can setup this in Plant Parameters.

4. What is the difference between restricted use stock and blocked stock?

- refer link: http://www.sap-img.com/materials/differences-between-restricted-vs-blocked-stock.htm

Hope it will help.

Regards,

Anup