cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 integration with MS Dynamics CRM 2011 on-demand thru PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

sorry in advance if some of my doubts will appear to you experts as stupid....

Scenario: we're on the way to realize the integration between SAP ECC and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online (so...in the cloud) using SAP PI 7.11. In our scenario SAP PI will be the client, consuming webservices provided by MS CRM.

Unfortunately during the PI configuration (following SAP HELP instructions) we're facing the following problems:

1. The system (PI, dual-stack installation) has the parameter 'ssl/pse_provider' set to 'ABAP'. Considering that we would like to use SSL with SOAP adapter, questions are:

- Can we use the ABAP stack to maintain the PSEs, or it's mandatory to do it into the AS Java in order to use SSL with SOAP adapter.

- If so, we need to switch the ssl/pse_provider parameter to JAVA. Could this change create some kind of problems?

For information, currently in transaction STRUST we only have a Local node, neither Server nor Client nodes.

2. We have already installed the SAP Cryptographic Library for SSL but:

- In NWA we can't find ICM_SSL_<instance_ID> view or CLIENT_ICM_SSL_<instance_ID> keystore view into the list of Keystore Views.

- We would like to change the default Profile into RZ10 but we Can't find the profile...

- MS CRM (ws server) give us only a public certificate but do we need a private key too or we have to generate it from SAP?

- We need to know if is possible to use the MS 'LIVEID' authentication with SAP PI or SAP ECC.

- Do we need additional modules for the SOAP adapter(maybe an Axis one in order to use soap protocol 1.2)?

Could you please suggest the right configuration and give us some tips about this kind of integration?

Thanks a lot,

MR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

has anybody found a solution for consuming the standard webservice of Microsoft Dynamics CRM online (cloud) directly or via SAP PI in the meantime?

As we want to import data from MS CRM online (cloud) into our SAP BW I have the same problems described above.

For example it is not possible to create the logical port in the Soamanager based on the WSDL (URL or file) of the addressed system (not the "pre-" disco-URL of MS Office 365); I have taken the WSDL that can be found in the Developer Ressources of the MS CRM system and additionally uploaded the security certificate of the WSDL and the Windows azure security certificate with SE59.

So my question is, has anybody successfully inplemeted a SAP based solution (directly or via SAP PI, without BizzTalk or Scribe) to consume the standard MS webservices for MS CRM online (cloud).

Thanks,

Michael

priyanka_desai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hope you guys have heard about Advantco DynCRM adapter .

Please have a look -

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes as Santosh mentioned advanto dynamics crm adapter is the best bet for sap pi. This has inbuilt workbench which has most of the predefined schemas for usage.

Else one more old way I known of is using scribe.

Scribe I had used very long back where in this acts as a layer between pi and crm. In scribe IIS is installed and it acts as MS Message Queues. PI can connect to scribe using JMS adapter as well by using http adapter.

Regards

Senthilprakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauri,

Thanks for your response! Does this also apply to the integration of Microsoft Dynamics AX with SAP CRM on premise via SAP PI/ XI?

Thanks in advance!

Ciao - Ellery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro,

Looking at your background I thought maybe you could help me out wit this integration question.

I'm looking for some feedback on how best to integrate Microsoft Dynamics AX (DAX) with SAP CRM. We have a PI server.

From reading on the net, I see many people are using a middleware product called Scribe or BizzTalk. We already made an investment with SAP PI and we'd like to use it.

Do you have any references for Microsoft DAX integration with SAP CRM via SAP PI/ XI?

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ellery,

according to my poor background, mainly the problem is to deal with a  .NET system (CRM) using a Java system (PI), and this complicated by the fact that with CRM on demand you have to manage different step to be performed before integrating the data (including the authentication that is not basic..), meaning that you need to invoke several Web Services before being able to post the data.

In fact most of the people in "our situation" is using biztalk because MS CRM SDK comes with a set of .NET classes and methods that can be used out of the box by Biztalk to easily manage all the mentioned steps...and even easier with Scribe where all is already available by standard.

Not impossible to use PI for the integration with MS CRM, but you have to orchestrate (creating proper PI developments) the following steps:

1. Connection to CRM (passing thru Live/Office365 to get the token..)

2. Invoke the CRM Discovery Service to get the available CRM Services

3. Invoke the CRM Metadata Service to get the "WSDL" for the choosen service

4. In case consume other services to get the situation into CRM and properly manage deltas

5. finally...Invoke the CRM service to post the data

Good luck...let me know if you succeed with this...let's say....oppurtunity!

Ciao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro,

Can you please share the information if you have received any regarding the integration with MS Dynamics CRM using PI.

Thanks In Advance.

Regards

Swetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

sorry just got your message now. Actually for different constrains (project planning and budget), we decided for the moment to apply a temporary solution (flat file extraction on ECC side and custom .NET to push/get data to the cloud CRM).

From my understanding the ECC vs MS CRM integration can work on paper thru Web Services call. But there're many problem to face, both technical (different SOAP protocol version used, handshake management during connection opening) and "business" (integrating data requires different CRM WS to be consumed before getting the data post done).

Anyway, for the moment we gave up using PI. Please be so kind to let me know if you succeed in doing it...

Thanks,

Mauro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Can you please share any information regarding Integration with MS CRM using PI.

Regards

Anand