cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedding WebI and Crystal reports on a web page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to BO, so please bear with me. I've also posted this to the .NET-side, so sorry if you've seen this post before.

We have a project where we will need to embed WebI and Crystal reports on a web page, i.e. we want the people who access the web page to get the reports (mainly graphs) as embedded content on the web page without any controls and other clutter.

Is this possible and what's the correct way of doing this?

Thanks,

Carl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aasavaribhave
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Th easiest way would be to use openDocument.aspx\jsp for viewing reports. It requires minimal coding.

Launch:

http://servername:/port/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=.....&other arguments.

The above URL is for 3.1, for 4.0 there is a different URL. You can pass a serialized session or token that yoiu created in java code in the above URL such that user's don't get prompted for CMS logon.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

I know this is a bit old now - but did you achieve what you wanted? I'm trying to do the same thing and wonder what the best route to follow is.

thanks

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the help!

We still face the original problem, though. I.e. with openDocoument we get the report, controls, tab selections, scroll bars etc. What we actually would like is to get just the contents of a report.

Is there any way of doing it? We're not afraid of coding, we have good developers. Or do we need to schedule report creation to some format (e.g. PDF) and then load the PDF to the web page?

Basicaly it's more important to get this working for WebI reports as we can redo almost all reports from Crystal to WebI. Of course we are happy to find a resolution for both cases.

Br,

Carl-Gustaf

0 Kudos

This might help. You can show only part of the report with opendoc. You can see the part id with dashboard viewer object.

opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=AcvTt3.kVIpDpXn6AD9Yhj0&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sReportPart=UIREF%3ARID%3D549%3ABID%3D551&mode=Part&sRefresh=N&sWindow=New

To remove the controls and toolbars you need to make your own JSP page that just displays the report content.

BR, Timo

aasavaribhave
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

By just "the contents of report" do you mean just resultset or bytestream of the report? You can use RAS SDK for getting resultset or bytestream for a crystal report and Report Engine Java ( or rebean ) SDK to do the same for webi report.

Here is where you can find API specificationa nd developer guide for both ( for 3.1)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/sdklibrary?rid=/webcontent/uuid/90db428d-71ba-2e10-7eb7-d3286eec5ac0

with RAS and even with Reban, if the record\result sets are huge then you could lead to performance issues at server, the best thing would be to schedule the reports and then get the resultsets of the instance, that way you don't make like DB connection when pulling RS.

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might also consider Webi RESTful APIs if you're running a BI4 release.

Best regards,

Anthony