cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval/Rejection of Access Request through email functionality not workin

Former Member

Hello Gurus,

We have configured CUP with workflow and everything is working fine along with email notification triggers etc..

In MSMP configuration , for task settings i have we see that there are various option and check boxes with options

1)Approval by email

2) Rejection by email !!

Which i have ticked very happily but when i get a notification regarding approval . it is plain text e.g)

Dear Approver,

There are new workitem(s) in your work inbox . Please perform the necessary actions.

Kind regards,

Access Control Administrator

Now i am wondering how can i get the approve & reject button in the email ??

I suppose this functionality was available in GRC 5.3.

Please correct me if i have understood this functionality wrong or something !!

Else what settings have to be done to enable it ??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Victor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hello Victor,

Just a hint... this is about the notification variables in the MSMP WF configuration.

The variable for approve/reject link is: LINK_APPROVE_REJECT

What's the notification template you have selected? Also have a look at here:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/605077fc-3577-2e10-e1a6-a743514d4...

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

Thank you for providing me a very good document.

I checked it and i found that i had selected "default" templates for notification events

END_OF_REQUEST & REQUEST_SUBMISSION.

But when i went on to one more template ID of "GRAC_AR_APP_BY_EMAIL" i only found that i could select

recipients (Agent Names)

Current Approvers

Manager Notifications

Other Approvers

Requester

User

I could not find a way through which i could select the "Custom" Agents i have created whose "Agent Purpose" was "APPROVE"

If i am not wrong , should i add those Custom agents under step three (Maintain Agents) & assign them Agent purpose as "Notification" only then will i be able to see them ??

Please correct me if i am wrong !!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Victor, You're right. You require also an agent purpose "notification" for your custom agent.

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

I used the template "0MSMP_AR_APP_REJ" (GRAC_AR_APP_BY_EMAIL), and when i checked the notifcation in my email box (Outlook) , it only provides a link to the NWBC login screen and then redirects the screen to the Access Request No .

But i thought there would be some "Buttons" which would reflect in the email like "approve" / "reject".

Please correct me if i am doing something wrong !!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Premjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Victor,

I'm not using this functionality now, but you cannot expect to approve or reject directly from the mail. The idea is that the approver have to log on to the system, and approve or reject the request. It would be incorrect to just approve or reject a request with only knowing its number. Have a look at here:1622881 - Approve by E-mail and Reject by E-mail functionality

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego.

Was your functionality validated?

I mean i supposed SAP GRC 10.0 gave you the functionality that Victor mentions.

That is to say, when an access request is sent to a approver via email and the functionality "Approve by email", is activated i supposed that the approver receives an email with two buttons to approve or reject directly from the email, not a link to access to the tool.

Many thanks in advanced.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sara,

There is no such functionality available in GRC AC10.

Regards,

Victor

Answers (0)