cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM IC Web > ICI > CMS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have some questions about the Telephony Integration between SAP CRM and a CMS.

1. The ICI customizing consists only in making the corresponding entry for the CMS in the ICI customizing?

2. I understand that the data exchange between CRM > IC > CMS and viceversa is through a XML file, is this correct?

3. Related to question 2. Is it necessary to do some configuration in SAP CRM to generate the XML file? or is this automatic?

I would appreciate any information regarding this topic.

Best Regards

JM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, JM.

For your first question answer is yes. Generally this setting is enough.

The data exchange is done between CRM and CMS through ICI using SOAP and XML. But not an XML file.

You do not need to generate any XML file on CRM side.

ICI stands for Integrated Communication Interface which is based on SOAP and XML. It's designed and implemented by SAP. CMS has to support it in order to be integrated with SAP CRM. Current version of specification of this interface is available on [SAP CRM INTEGRATED COMMUNICATION INTERFACE (CA-ICI)|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/f6bca272-0501-0010-4f97-a2877d6d65ea] page in Technical Documentation section.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer.

I would like to know how can I see the data sent in the SOAP message.

I would like to see the XML data as mentioned in this post: http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8415193#8415193

Any idea?

Best Regards.

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could turn on ICI trace in your user ID and get the XML from CRM_ICI_TRACE.

Thanks,

ZJKong

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JM,

you are talking about CAD (contact attached data). Depends on your needs there are different ways to retrieve it. You can explore SDN for deeper understanding. Or provide more information on your needs.

ralf_hakspiel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Andrei!

Can you explain me why I cannot see the SOAP messages with TA SXMB_MONI?

Why do I have to use "CRM_ICI_TRACE"?

THX ralf

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

I guess the reason is that the ICI is handled by own HTTP handler (CL_ICI_HTTP_SOAPDISPATCHER) and XMLs are not stored in CRM database. These messages are real-time synchronous messages and they are immediatelly processed. Only when you setup ICI trace level on user level, XMLs are stored in CRM_ICI_TRACE.

The SXMB_MONI is rather intended for data exchange with PI or other exchange brokers, data are stored in SXM* tables. I think proxies for data exchange has to implement different interfaces.

Regards,

Dawood.

ralf_hakspiel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Dawood!

Sorry for late answering, I was ill.

THX for explaining. That makes absolutely sense to me.

Can you please explain me what to do to get this HTTP handler started?

I mean: does it need a seperate RFC Connection or some settings in SOAMANAGER?

THX Ralf

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

hope you feel better now... 🙂

I am not sure I got you question right or what you want to achieve.

If your landscape is already integrated with CTI and you want to monitor the communication, then you must set user parameter CRM_ICI_TRACELEVEL with value XXX. Then you can see all XMLs in transaction CRM_ICI_TRACE, per user.

The communication is bidirectional. For communication CRM->CTI, you have to do several settings and it was probably already done for you. One of them is to create in transaction SM59 HTTP destination to the CTI side.

For communication CTI->CRM, there is ICM service /default_host/sap/bc/soap/ici, which is handled by the class CL_ICI_HTTP_SOAPDISPATCHER.

The CRM_ICI_TRACE transaction traces bot CRM->CTI and CTI->CRM communication, as weel as agent's browser communication with CRM.

Regards,

Dawood.

ralf_hakspiel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Dawood!

THX much better, winter seems to be gone 😉

It is exact like you mentioned: It is working fine and I try to understand/optimize.

For communication CTI->CRM there is the CL_ICI_HTTP_SOAPDISPATCHER --> understood

For communication CRM->CTI there is a http destination in SM59 --> understood

Now: Is there some CTI-customizing in CRM pointing at the http destination from SM59 accordingly: where is the logic saying in CTI: transfer via http destination xy?

THX

Ralf

ralf_hakspiel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Got it: Transaction CRMM_BCB_ADM

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

good!

But not only this:

You have to also setup basic settings in CRMM_IC_MCM_CCADMX and then link CMS profile (defined by customizing) with the CMS ID in transaction CRMM_IC_MCM_CCLNK.

The profile itself  is defined in customizing or via transaction CRMC_IC_MCM_CCPRO.

The profile is then assigned to a business role to a function profile CONTACTCENTER.

Please, be aware that you can skip some settings, if you use profile ID SAPCCS, which is delivered by SAP. This profile ID is hardcoded in the interface and it is used as a fallback strategy when SAP cannot find some settings.

So the connection between user and SM59 destination is not straightforward but it gives some flexibility.

Regards,

Dawood.