cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting Tool

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok...I have downloaded the Scripting Tool from work...So I don't have Eclipse installed...I don't have it my home either...hehehe...So, here's the big question...

How I'm supposed to install those plug-ins??? -:)

I'm planning to make some tests tonight...So I need a quick answer if possible -;)

Greetings,

Blag.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Nigel_James
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Get eclipse

2. Get PHPEclipse<a href="http://phpeclipse.de">http://phpeclipse.de</a>

3. Install the download into the plugins directory inder eclipse.

If you can get phpeclipse going you will have no trouble with the sap tool.

NOTE I have not done this yet I am just going off my experience with Eclipse ( I use it daily for php development ) so unless this tool is really different it should work this way.

HTH

Cheers from London,

Nigel

0 Kudos

It's not 'really different', quite the opposite - we intended to make it integrate seamlessly into existing Eclipse projects. So your steps are correct, grab a version of Eclipse (at least 3.1.0) and install it, preferably via the Update Manager.

I'm just writing down a rough guideline which will appear here soon. But I hope it's pretty self-explanatory, once installed, so the curious don't have to wait

:Frederic:

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanx Nigel and Frederic...I actually managed myself to installed yesterday at night -:P After reading some web pages...hehehe...

So...here pop ups my doubt...It designed to only use web services??? I mean...No RFC??? I mean...I can see a Web Services Tab with a import WSDL...But, we're are the definitions for Ruby and PHP??? Where's can I configure the Eclipse if I want to use it a Ruby Framework??? I'm using FreeRIDE right now...

Greetings,

Blag.

0 Kudos

Don't worry, it'll all come

The Webservice functionality was implemented first. We're just right now working on BAPI-RFCs, both connectors and generators.

This project is a bit different than what you may be used from SAP, as we intended to have it as a real community project. We didn't implement each and every function and only present it when it's finished and polished, but instead as soon as we had a somewhat reasonable architecture - which in this case means general functionality and Webservice connectability.

In fact we hope that, given enough interest, others might join the development - both inside SAP and external developers - and provide own plugins.

About the general support for scripting languages in Eclipse, there are Eclipse-based tools out there which provides you with good IDE functionality. Take a look at PHPeclipse, for example. Also Craig made a package named 'Scripting in a Box' which contains supports for several languages, including Ruby and PHP. You can find it in the SDN Technology section about Scripting. Our Scripting Tool was designed to integrate in IDEs like this.

Nigel_James
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a project for rails for eclipse 'RadRails'. From memory there is a link from the 37 signals site.

N

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course I know <b>Scripting in a box</b> -:D But...I got all my Scripting Environment already set...I got separate installs for PHP, Ruby, Rails, Perl and Python. Got the before Scripting in a box came out -:)

Now I understand what you're really trying to do...Great idea -:) That way, we can test the tool bit by bit...With all the functionality already implemented, it's kinda hard to make a good test -;)

I'm not really good at web services...but...I got access to an IDES where I can start making some tests...You're going to get my feedback even if I'm not able to a single thing...hehehe...I'm a RFC Lover -;)

Greetings,

Blag.

0 Kudos

I'll gladly wait for your feedback then when we finish our RFC functionality

Watch out for TechEd Amsterdam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK just in case there is any confusion I've received a few mails already while here in Las Vegas at TechEd, SAP IS NOT CREATING THE RFC CONNECTORS. SAP is providing support to the great individuals such as Eduard and Piers for them to continue to create and maintain their work and continue to improve BUT SAP IS NOT creating their own set.

Sorry for the confusion.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Just a small update. I wrote an article about how to use the Scripting Tool. Unfortunately it took a few days to get it through the SDN process, and you probably figured out everything by yourself already. I still want to mention it:

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/591c31cf-0d01-0010-8ab7-a1f7d032a66c">How to use the Scripting Tool</a>

Sorry for the delay.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is just great Frederic! The .pdf is up and running...I just give it a quick read, and it's easy to follow...Thanx, I really wanted some documentation -:)

Greetings,

Blag.