Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ajax Framework not displayed in 7.3

alexander_beck2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm testing the new Portal with Netweaver 7.3 - SP004.

I've tried to use the Ajax Framework, but after the Login the Framework is not displayed.

You can only see a background and the SAP Logo in the top left corner without any buttons or anything else.

I tried to type in this URL

(http://<host>:<port>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.setup.AFPEnabler)

to activate the framework , but than the following Error Message appears :

Portal-Runtime-Fehler

Ausnahme bei der Verarbeitung des Requests; senden Sie die ID der Ausnahme an Ihren Portaladministrator

Ausnahme-ID 11:34_14/02/12_0023_7745551

Any thoughts?

Thank you very much,

Alexander Beck

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

From 7.3 on, there is no need to call the AFPEnabler component any more - it even is not delivered any more. Therefore the exception occured when you tried to call it...

If your 7.3 is a fresh installation, the AFP is activated by default (also see https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1166135). If it was created by an upgrade, you might have to modify the desktop rules (also mentioned in the note).

> You can only see a background and the SAP Logo in the top left corner without any buttons or anything else.

Do you login with the user "administrator"?! that one should have different admin content visible. If it's a different user (again: upgrade szenario?), a double check for it's roles etc would make sense (using the admin user - and with that, you immediately should see the working AFP).

Hope it helps

Detlev

alexander_beck2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

thank you very much for your fast reply.

The 7.3 was created by an upgrade.

My own user is defined as a administrator. With that user I get the "Content-", "User-" and "System Administration" if I log in about the following Desktop rule:

IF User = beckalex

THEN Portal Desktop = pcd:portal_content/every_user/general/defaultDesktop

So I defined the following Desktop rule to test the Ajax Framework with my own (admin) user:

IF User = beckalex

THEN Portal Desktop = pcd:portal_content/every_user/general/defaultAjaxframeworkContent/com.sap.portal.afpDesktop

If I add this rule to the Master Rule Collection, I just get a Splash Screen. After the Splash Screen an empty background appears with a thick border, the SAP Logo in the top left corner and a search function in the top right corner (search is not working).

Is it still possible there are missing roles, although I got the Administration Content with the default Desktop? Or do you got any other ideas?

Thank you very much for your help,

Alexander

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

The rule should be OK; so it seems to be an upgrade issue. Without further input this is hard to analyze remotely. Check the defaultTrace if you will find any entries created during the logon pointing to the problem. If there are any, you may post them here, if not, I would suggest to open an OSS message (might make sense anyhow as such an upgrade issue should be known centrally).

Hope it helps

Detlev

alexander_beck2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

thanks for your advice.

I checked the "defaultTrace" log file after a login with the default - and ajax-desktop.

There are a few (identic) error messages after both logins, but the Ajax login triggers 8 more error messages which I sorted out. I don't know if they help you defining the problem, but I think we can try it before I open an OSS message.

Application: sap.com/com.sap.portal.navigation.portallauncher

1. at com.sap.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.callPortalComponent(PortalRequestManager.java:229)

2. at com.sap.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:107)

3. at com.sap.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentResponse.include(PortalComponentResponse.java:206)

4. at com.sap.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.callPortalComponent(PortalRequestManager.java:233)

5. at com.sap.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:141)

6. at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.Invokable.invoke(Invokable.java:152)

7. at com.sap.portal.navigation.Gateway.service(Gateway.java:147)

8. at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.FilterChainImpl.runServlet(FilterChainImpl.java:202)

Thank you,

Alexander

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

The trace lines given are just the end of a stack trace beginning with some more informative stuff - but if that did not differ from the "default" (better: "standard", as in 7.3 the default is the Ajax-FP), this does not really point to something...

So, at the moment I don't have fast shots for further remote analysis...

Best regards

Detlev

alexander_beck2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

the problem is solved!

The solution was found in note# 1535174.

1. Login to the Portal with super administration user credentials

2. Paste the following URL into the address bar and press Enter: http://<host>:<port>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.setup.AfpContentMi...

3. View the status of the Current Content Structure:

If the status is 7.01 compliant, click 'Migrate' and confirm.

This action establishes the correct delta links for AFP content.

Now the Ajax Page is correctly shown.

Thank you for your help,

Best regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Im facing the same problem with my Sap netweaver 7.3. Im tryin to apply desktop rule to an standard user named: demoportal. I already used the linke above but the migrate status is ok to 7.02.

My rule is:

IF User = demoportal

THEN Portal Desktop = pcd:portal_content/every_user/general/defaultAjaxframeworkContent/com.sap.portal.afpDesktop

Im wondering if i should restart the Portal.?  or there is something more i should do.

The links to enable the ajax framework doesnt work due to my Portal is 7.3 and its already enabled.

Ty.