cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS Topics

0 Kudos

Hello experts,

My current MII challenge is to communicate with a JMS Server located on a Oracle Applicaton Server, and to complicate the situation even more: The messages of the communication partner are posted in a JMS topic.

How could I aproach this challenge?

Im working with MII 12.2.

- Are the JMS actions capable to communicate with other JMS servers than the Netweaver built in? If so, how can I load additional JARs for the usage of a different Context Factory (com.evermind.server.rmi.RMIInitialContextFactory)?

- The JMS actions allow to write to a JMS Topic. How can I listen for messages on a topic? Can a listener be created to call a MII transaction on incomming messages?

- Is it alternatively possible to forward the messages of the Oracle Application Server's JMS topic to the Netweaver JMS server (without writing a seperate forwarder process outside of Netweaver and MII)?

I hope for your answers,

Gerhard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Gerhard

Did you already check the JMS Actions in MII 12.2? They are under the JMS heading and have a Queue Write, Queue Read and Topic Publish action. It does not have a Topic Read. This may be because the Topic messages are delivered to an end point and cannot be picked.

I am not sure any other way this can be achieved where the JMS MBean registers to a Topic on another JNDI Server.

Regards

Partha

0 Kudos

Hello Partha,

Yes, I have worked with the JMS Actions in MII 12.2. I've also installed the JMS Queue Integration Custom Actions Blocks. There is no Topic read, because a synchronous action could not do the job of registering a listener. Fruthermore the Actions only seem to be designed for working with the Netweaver built in JMS Server. Am I wrong?

Therefore my question, is there another possibility in MII / Netweaver to solve my requirements?

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gerhard,

do you know the document by Krasimira Velikova below:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/d0b04d63-eeb5-2e10-ee9b-e9ee74712365&override...

The document includes a step by step procedure, using an example.

BR

Pedro Iglesias

0 Kudos

Hi again,

Yes I know the document on JMS Action Group in SAP MII 12.1 Workbench. It says that a connection to a third party JMS applications is possible. The still unanswered question is, how can I load a JAR file with the ContextFactory for the third party JMS server?

How can I read the messages from a party JMS server topic (not queues)? Or is there simply no way to acomplish this in SAP MII?

best regards

Gerhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

Can you please tell me how did you ended up solving this issue? Also, I appreciate if you can indicate me where did you get the JMS Queues Intergration Custom Action Blocks you mentioned in your comments.

Many thanks!

Cheers,

Bruno

0 Kudos

Bruno,

The JMS actions referred to above are probably the ones I wrote a while back and posted on the original MII Wiki (http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/xMII/Manufacturing+Integration+and+Intelligence) in the "Customization" section: Customization - xMII - SCN Wiki

Here you will see in the section titled "xMII 12.0" the JMS actions and documentation on how they work.

For MII 12.2 I highly recommend using the standard JMS action provided with the product as they are using the standard NW libraries and yes you can support third party JMS libraries with this approach and here's the details:

Creating and Configuring JMS Resources and Resource References - Developing Java EE 5 Applications -...

Sam