cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report does not prompt for parameters on open

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

we have created Crystal Reports on top of BEx-Queries via MDX.

The Queries contain input variables which work just fine as parameters of the Crystal Report within the designer.

However when uploading the Reports to BO Info View, the report does not prompt for the parameters when it is opened.

This causes the BEx-Query to be executed without any selections, which is bad, as the query is quite huge and runs over the maximum cell limit causing the report to timeout.

We have tried all plausible parameter settings for the crystal report, but could not solve the problem.

Any ideas are very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

I have the same issue, BW-BEx optional prompts doesn't appear while view Crystal report in BI Launch Pad, But Crystal Reports Designer works all are working good (BW-BEx Mandatory & Optional Variables).

Version I am using: Crystal Reports 2013 SP2.

Should I do as you said you, like make all variables as mandatory in BW-BEx Designer for Crystal Reports 2013 SP2 version as well? Will not support optional prompt?

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,

Subani Shaik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

thanks again for pointing me towards the cause of my problem.

Setting one variable to mandatory solved the problem unti my client applies the support package.

Points have been awarded.

Best Regards,

Tobias

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have never heard of this..

1. Could you tell us your BO and BW version(s) please, including SP and Fix level ?

2. Also, are these Crystal Parameters or BEx Variables? (the latter being preferable, in fairness)

3. Are the SAP IK Transport files aligned with your Fix level? i.e. did you import the new Transport cofiles into bw/erp that are in-line with latest BO patch upgrade?

Regards,

H

0 Kudos

Not sure this is the same issue as the first user is reporting but I've noticed a difference in prompting behaviour in SP4.

BOE XI R3.1 SP4

Crystal Reports based on BW queries using mdx driver

BW queries contain only optional prompts.

When viewing the crystal report from InfoView, when there are only optional BW prompts, it no longer prompts for parameters and automatically refreshes.

If there is a mix of optional and non-optional prompts, then it prompts as expected.

In SP3, it would always prompt.

A temporary workaround is to add a dummy crystal prompt to force it to prompt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Norleen,

thanks for your reply. This hint could actualy match my problem.

Could you let me know where you got that information from?

Thank you,

Tobias

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you point out - this doesn't seem right

if there is an undocumented change in behaviour which requires you to re-engineer your existing reports.. then i would class that as a bug.

I actually recommend my customers to adopt FP4.1 ontop of SP4, because we had to deliver the FP4.1 rapidly to solve some blocking issues. This may well be one of them.

I'd say: re-test on FP4.1, Then ask yourself:

- Does the pb happen in the CR Designer Client? Or only when viewed in Infoview? Or only when Published via BW to Portal?

- Are all my components uprgaded to the correct/same level, and web apps redeployed?

- Are my SAP IK transports upgraded and imprted into BW ?

- Does the issue still reproduce?

-> Then log a support message accordingly

For a complete list of all release notes and issues fixed in this FixPack, click on URL below: http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001364282011E/xi31_FP41_release_notes_en.pdf

Regards,

H

0 Kudos

It is fixed in FP4.1 and SP5 however, I was unable to determine which ADAPT fixed the issue.