Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

boe_reposcan.sh => Missing database client

JoMi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

BI 40 SP02 Patch 11

I try to execute the scripts boe_reposcan.sh under SLES10 Patchlevel 4 with maxdb 7.7.07.39:

./boe_reposcan.sh -optionsfile "./reposcan_options.txt"

I get the following error message:

Initializing...RepoScan error: The database subsystem could not be loaded. Make sure that the database client is installed. The message returned was The library named maxdbdatabasesubsytem could not be loaded. The system error message is Loading shared object failed. First tried to load library maxdbdatabasesubsytem and failed because of error: [maxdbdatabasesubsytem: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]. Second tried to load library libmaxdbdatabasesubsytem.so and failed because of error: [libmaxdbdatabasesubsytem.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]..

The options file reposcan_options.txt contains the following:

-dbdriver maxdbdatabasesubsytem

-connect "UID=SAPBOAD;PWD=XXXX;DSN=ADS;HOSTNAME=migzmf45;PORT=7210"

-dbkey xxxxxxx

-inputfrsdir "/bo/sap_bobj/data/frsinput"

-outputfrsdir "/bo/sap_bobj/data/frsoutput"

The environment of the user contains the following LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

migzmf45:/bo/sap_bobj $ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

/sapdb/BOD/programs/lib

The missing library libmaxdbdatabasesubsytem.so doesn`t exist on the system. Also Google finds nothing with this name.

Can somebody help?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Joe

Edited by: Johannes Michel on Feb 15, 2012 2:30 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

i had similar problems with DB2

If you take a look at the manual you see that the paramter is called "maxdbdatabasesubsytem".

But i guess this should be "maxdbdatabasesubsystem" There is a "s" missing.

Try to edit this in your responsefile and try again.

Regards

-Seb.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am facing similar problem with boe_reposcan.sh

I tried using the following command

./boe_reposcan -dbdriver oracledatabasesubsytem -connect "UID=bo_cms;PWD=xxxxxx;DSN=xxxxx" -inputfrsdir "/bodata/sapbo/sap_bobj/data/frsinput" -outputfrsdir "/bodata/sapbo/sap_bobj/data/frsoutput" -scancms true

I tried replacing 'subsytem' with 'subsystem', However, I am getting the following error still in both the cases

RepoScan Usage: ./boe_reposcan -dbdriver <dbdriver> -connect <dbconnectstring> -inputfrsdir <inputfrsdir> -outputfrsdir <outputfrsdir> [options...]

-dbdriver <dbdriver>         : the name of the driver for the database to connect to.
-connect <dbconnectstring>   : the database connection string in the format ""UID=<user>;PWD=<password>;DSN=<databasename>;HOSTNAME=<hostname>;PORT=<port>""
    -dbdriver oracledatabasesubsytem    -connect ""UID=<user>;PWD=<password>;DSN=<dsn>""
    -dbdriver sybasedatabasesubsytem    -connect ""UID=<user>;PWD=<password>;DSN=<dsn>""

I tried various options but system does not seem to recognise the command. Can you please indicate if anything is wrong

JoMi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

A common cause of not being able to run the boe_reposcan.sh is that the switch

-dbkey is often forgotten. You are required to enter the BOE Cluster Key as its

parameter.

Please check the following notes:

Regards,

Joe

JoMi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Seb,

problem solved. The problem was actually the missing "s".

migzmf45:/bo/sap_bobj $ ./boe_reposcan.sh

RepoScan Usage: /bo/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/linux_x64/boe_reposcan -dbdriver <dbdriver> -connect <dbconnectstring> -inputfrsdir <inputfrsdir> -outputfrsdir <outputfrsdir> [options...]

-dbdriver <dbdriver> : the name of the driver for the database to connect to.

-connect <dbconnectstring> : the database connection string in the format ""UID=<user>;PWD=<password>;DSN=<dsn>"".

-dbdriver db2databasesubsytem -connect ""UID=<user>;PWD=<password>;DSN=<dsn>""

-dbdriver mysqldatabasesubsytem -connect ""UID=<user>;PWD=<password>;DSN=<databasename>;HOSTNAME=<hostname>;PORT=<port>""

-dbdriver maxdbdatabasesubsystem -connect ""UID=<user>;PWD=<password>;DSN=<databasename>;HOSTNAME=<hostname>;PORT=<port>""

-dbdriver oracledatabasesubsytem -connect ""UID=<user>;PWD=<password>;DSN=<dsn>""

-dbdriver sybasedatabasesubsytem -connect ""UID=<user>;PWD=<password>;DSN=<dsn>""

I have created the responsefile by copy / paste from the output of the script. And the output is wrong for the parameter dbdriver.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Joe

0 Kudos

Hi,

yes i know....that how i noticed that too.

The "funny" thing is that this is since XI Rel. 1. Well lets say that was the first Release where i noticed that. Interesting that this is still in BI4.

Regards

-Seb.