Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number History

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to get the serial number history for a material / serial number, I have found function module SERIAL_HISTORY which is exactly what I am looking for, but the function module doesnt have any exporting parameters or tables, and instead calls report RISERNR1. Is there any similar function module that I can use to return this data?

Thanks,

Sam

2 REPLIES 2

former_member214857
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

Function SERIAL_HISTORY is just updating ABAP memory and exporting to ID SHIS . To read this memory function is calling report RISERNR1 .

To read this information is necessary read memory ID SHIS with statement

IMPORT da_sertab FROM MEMORY ID 'SHIS'.

You can check this inside program RISERNR1.

Best regards

0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Thanks, the problem is that SERIAL_HISTORY calls RISERNR1 directly which is displaying the history within in the GUI. I want to call this function module from another function module which will be called via RFC from CRM, so I need it to skip the following code.

SUBMIT RISERNR1  AND RETURN
         WITH MATNR = MATERIAL
         WITH SERNR = SERIAL.

I have got it working by copying the function to my own ZSERIAL_HISTORY, but I wanted to know if there was a more standard way to achieve this.

Thanks,

Sam