cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see General Documentation in Implementation Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've created one Template Project and one Implementation Project. Now I've added some documents to Template Project - General Documentation Tab. Ideally this newly added documents should be appeared in Implementation Project - General Tab. But in my case I am not able to see this newly added documents. Is there any reason behind this? What should I do to make them visible in Implementation Proj - General Documentation tab?

Another question is, If a document from Project Documentation tab is deleted by pressing 'Delete Row' button (not actual 'Delete' button), how can I retrieve that document? How can I see the list of all deleted documents?

Thanks in advance!

Shaun

Edited by: shaun99 on Feb 16, 2012 4:28 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

Regarding the general tab, did you assigned the template containing these documents to the implementation project?

Regarding the "delete row", you'll only delete the assignment of the document. It is still stored in the project's folder so you can find it by using the "find document" and assign it again to any structure by using the option "link to solution manager document".

You may see the list of unused documents by runing the report "solman_unused_documents" and you'll be able to delete them if you want.

kind regards, Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Appreciated!

'did you assigned the template containing these documents to the implementation project?'

When I created Implementation Project, used Template that I crated using Template Project and after that I added more documents into the template project.

So, do I need to regenerate the Template and assign back to the Implementation project?

Regarding the list of deleted document...that report works perfectly. Thanks for that.

Another question that I have is - How can I download all documents from Gen and Proj tab to my PC? is there any simple way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

For the implementation project, please read the session "USING THE TEMPLATES" in the wiki page for template projects, where it explains how to update your project with the changes made in the template project.

-http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/gRkMDg

regarding the download, I'm not aware of any easy way to do mass download of the documents. Maybe in SI80 you could do such thing but I believe you would only be able to filter by the folder where the documents are phisically stored and as you're using a template project, all the documents are stored in the folder SOLAR00, shared along with solutions and etc..

more info about this in the wiki page for documents in solar01 and solar02:

-http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/rBoMDg

Kind regards, Fabricius

Answers (0)