cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII session timeout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are facing following problem in the MII 12.1.8 (CE 711 EHP1 SP.6)

We run in the Internet Explorer the User GUI irpt page created in Adobe Flex as an MII transactioI. When User opens the irpt the MII logon page appears. User logs in, his logon entries appear in the MII Log (approx. every 300 ms).

The User GUI should run uninterrupted operating 24/7, but we get session timeouts after 24 hours with following NW settings:

login.ticket_lifetime = 24

SessionExpirationperiod = 864000

I doubt to extend the login.ticket_lifetime to more than 24 hours as I am affraid of performance problems.

Please any hint how to ensure 24/7 availability of the link by MII/NW settings?

Thanks for replies.

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I am not sure about the web application you are building. But I do not think that - putting a very high value in SessionExpirationPeriod to keep the session alive is a good idea. That may put considerable amount of load on the server. It will be better if you do some autorefesh in the screen or refreshing some hidden frame in the screen periodically. That way also I believe you can keep the session active.

Thanks,

Soumen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Soumen,

thanky you for your answer. I implemented meta http-equiv="refresh" content="3600;url=http... in the irpt side, but it did not help as exactly after 24 hours I got following error in the irpt Error code: Client.CouldNotDecode http://.. Message: Error #1090 and the User login failed what is visible in the MII Log.

I would rather use script that retrieves user login used and sends its credentials. Is there such possibility?

Thanks for reply.

Martin

former_member8532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I am also facing same issue. Were you able to find out the solution?

Please suggest.

Regards.

Punit

0 Kudos

Martin,

Can you please explain what the .swf page is being used for...is it for a TV screen display of MII data using Flash Objects?  If so, then you can have a hidden iframe on the page that has a page that makes a periodic call to the MII server.  This will keep your user session alive in the background with minimal overhead to your server...just a thought...

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

I am experiencing the same issue and I have tried refreshing the page every 10 minutes (our session time out is set to 20 minutes). The page is making calls to the database every 5 minutes.

Travis

0 Kudos

Travis,

Is your page making calls to a database directly or calls to MII for data?  You say in the above:

Travis Jones wrote:

The page is making calls to the database every 5 minutes.

If your call is to MII then please verify that you are using the SAP Dashboards connector and not the Generic Web Services interface.  There are lots of notes and comments about Dashboards not properly handing the SAPSSO2 session cookie and session timeout issues, so this needs to be addressed by the Dashboards team and I recommend posting on their forum here:

If you are using the SAP Dashboards connector plugin for MII and still getting this timeout perhaps a ticket to the MFG-MII-CORE-RTE component.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not familiar with Dashboards connector. We are using MII 12.2, we are using a IDBC connector.

0 Kudos

Travis,

There are two things going on here and that's probably where the confusion in your last post comes from.  The connection between your SAP Dashboards page to MII and MII to your Database (using IDBC).  I am referring to the connection between SAP Dashboards and your MII instance...which version of the SAP Dashboards Plugin are you using?  You can download the plugin directly from your MII Menu -> Content Development -> Tools and Archives page:

Then you can follow the steps outlined here in the help to load it into SAP Dashboards:

SAP Business Objects Dashboards Integration - Content Development - SAP Library

I think this was introduced in MII 14.0 but you may have it as a back-ported feature for 12.2; I can't recall and don't have a 12.2 server handy to verify.  I only actively maintain the current and a previous GA release versions of MII, so I have 15.0 and 14.0, but our support team could verify this as well as they have all releases.

If not, perhaps an upgrade is in order to take advantage of the newer features...the highlights of which between 12.2 and 15.0 are:

• KPI Framework - Persist and aggregate data across various time ranges
  • Plant Information Catalog (PIC) - Manage ERP PM & PP(-PI) context around your sensor network and tag infrastructure
  • SMP & O365 integration - Drive mobile app data and also data for MS Office 365
  • SAP OEE - Predefined/Integrated content on top of ERP, MII, and HANA (Live or Enterprise)
  • Self-Service Composition Environment (HTML5) - Drag and drop HTML5 objects on a web page to build your own reports using your browser
  • HTML5 UI objects - All applets now have HTML5 counterparts (including SPC)
  • Remote Admin & Configuration of SAP Plant Connectivity (PCo) - manage the setup of your PCo trigger and notification payloads using MII Admin pages; integrated with PIC so there is ERP data in the notifications
  • Deployment on and with SAP HANA - For details and use-cases go here:

If you have additional detailed questions please just let me know and I can walk you through our recent innovation topics and strategy (Yes, we are already planning & prototyping our 15.1 release topics).

Regards,

Sam