Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC for updating table like zstudent

krishna_k19
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Every One ,

How i write the BDC for updating table.

I'm explaining my scenario , there is a table zstudent - it contains few fields like sno , sname , address. Previously student no.(sno's) like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.... now i'want 1hyd,2hyd,3hyd,4hyd,5hyd,6hyd,.......... like this , and sno is not a primary key remaining all fields are same .

let me inform me , which transaction i use in call transaction.

Please revert me.

Regards,

Krishna

3 REPLIES 3

former_member215575
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Why do you want to do BDC? Why can't you use UPDATE statement??

you can try writing an ALV with student no.(sno's) coloumn as Editable. you can change the values as required and upon clicking 'SAVE' button, you can write code to update your custom table.

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I think you are posing the questions what you are practicing while learning abap.You can do with bdc.Create one mpp program and update with that.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since you have a custom table, you can use all the Open SQL statements available in ABAP

[Open SQL |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/fc/eb3969358411d1829f0000e829fbfe/content.htm]

BDC's are generally used when you wanna update SAP Tables, as we do not know, which all tables will be updated in SAP.

You may use the SHDB tcode, to record a BDC for an tcode: standard or custom

Regards,

Abhishek