Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC connection closed error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am calling the function module MP_RFC_SINGLE_CREATE from BOBJ to SAP. while executing i am getting the error

" RFC connection closed " . How to resolve this error. What may the reason for this and what should i check regarding RFC connection issue.

Regards,

Lakshmi Rajkumar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In ECC in SM59, check the RFC Connection is working, or not, by testing the connection, this will an TCP/IP connection type.

based on the test further diagnosis can be done.

Why you are getting an error.

What is the direction of the communication from BOBJ to ECC or the other way

Regards,

Abhishek

7 REPLIES 7

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you check the RFC destination from SM59? Is it working correctly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In ECC in SM59, check the RFC Connection is working, or not, by testing the connection, this will an TCP/IP connection type.

based on the test further diagnosis can be done.

Why you are getting an error.

What is the direction of the communication from BOBJ to ECC or the other way

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

On ECC 6.0 there is a function module MP_RFC_SINGLE_CREATE. If you check the attributes tab under language it says Not Released. What is the exact meaning of this status.

What does "Not Released " mean , does it affect anyway in calling from other applications like BOBJ. Because while calling this function module from BOBJ i keep on getting error " RFC connection closed ". so on further getting into detailed study of this FM i found the status as " Not Released" . Kindly explain me what does this status mean and how does it affects.

BR,

Lakshmi Rajkumar.

0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly don't use function modules that are not released by SAP. SAP either is making changes to it or its for their internal use. Make a copy of this and use it. This function module looks like RFC enabled. RFC connection close can be due to the reason that the connection is terminating. Check the RFC connection, gateway trace if you are calling from external system and ST11 dev trace also.

Regards

Vijay V

0 Kudos

Check this blog post. Tell information about Not released FM.

stephan_bantlin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

i have the same issue  when I call this API the second time in a row. The first time it works and I can see the measuring point in the SAP System but the second time i get this error.
I am calling with Visual basic and try to create more than one. But up to now I am not succesfull.In the Gateway Trace I dont see anything and as one Measuring point is succesfully booked I dont have any idea.

Have you solved this issue? how?

thanks

Stephan

0 Kudos

Hi

for me it seems that the FM passes back a table and the RFC connection can not handle table types  in export / import Parameters.

When i copy this function module and don´t have the following parameters in export it works

*   COMPLETE_POINT                       = COMPLETE_POINT

*   TRANSFER_TAKE_UP_DOCS                = TRANSFER_TAKE_UP_DOCS

best regards

Stephan