cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the prerequisites for auto-merge dimension to work in Webi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We're working with Webi rich client (WRC) r3.1 SP4 FP4.1, and we noticed some strange behaviour.

We have a report with 2 dataproviders based on the same universe, which have a year dimension in common (exact same name, same datatype). It is not the same year-object.

We expected that WRC would auto-merge those 2 year objects, but it doesn't and we're wondering what might be the cause.

Thanks for your help

Guy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In edit mode, right click in the report and go to document properties. Check if Auto merge dimension option is selected or not. Also check that if you have right to merge dimensions or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The option is checked and security is also as it should be.

I want to know if there are special requirements for the dimensions to be able to be auto-merged, next to having the same name and being of the same type.

Regards

Guy

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We've done some further investigation in other Fora and on several Blogs. Based on that input we're looking for confirmation that you can only auto-merge on the exact same object from the same universe.

This would mean that auto-merge does not work on dataproviders based on different universes but containing "mergeable" data.

Can anyone confirm the above?

Regards

Guy

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, not at all, you are not limited to one universe!

the whole point of this functionality is to merge together different data providers (queries) into a synchronised level of granularity into the report. this has to be done on a common dimension.

The user documentation is very clear about the use-cases: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4_ia_en.pdf

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Henry,

As mentioned in my initial post, we're on BOXI 3.1 SP4 FP4.1.

What you are describing is the principal of "manual" merging, my question is related to the automatic merging.

I would like to know this, because we're having problems working out a working example for drilling in Webi using query drill with multiple dataproviders and merged dimensions. And we're assuming that the drilling accross the multiple dataproviders is only possible when automerge is active. Because all dataproviders need changes is the where clause of the queries to limit the scope of analysis during the drilling.

Kind regars

Guy

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to contact support, log an OSS, and walk them through this via screenshare. We can also connect remotely to your database and consume your data so that we can discuss 'in context'

I know there have been some minor changes in Merge behaviour, but i thought these were for bi 4.0.

That said, perhaps you are being impacted by an regression, given your build history. (i..e using the latest, seeing a change in behaviour)

Best of luck going forward.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Henri,

I logged a ticket with support and they're looking into the problem.

Thank you for your assitence.

Regards

Guy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Where is the right to merge dimensions set? In which part of the CMC when setting security is apply? In applications> Web Intelligence? And which right is it related as I can not find one that says merge dimensions.

Thanks

Teresa