Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change Domain Value range value programatically

farooq_basha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to change standard Value range of Domain.

Value Range As now Need to Change

Fixed Value Short Description Short Description

Space Task Request for task

1 In process Singing the task

2 Completed Signing Finish

I want to change programatically after getting domain value range and change this short text with new one

Please let me know how can i change

Regards

Farooq

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ajoy_chakraborty
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

Please use tables DD07L and DD07T for the same.

11 REPLIES 11

vijaymanikandan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq

DD07v is the view where you have the domain values. If you are using a custom code then you can get the values from DD07v and then update the resp domain values in the tables. If your requirement is something different then kindly elaborate.

Regards

Vijay V

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay/Ajay,

Thanks for reply.

Can you please suggest me with code.

Let me explain you again my requirement. I have data type of char1 and it corresponding value range text i want to change value range values before i display this values.

Regards,

Farooq

0 Kudos

Hi,

Our friends are telling you to read DD07L table with your domain name. It contains all the single values and range that you define for your custom domain a standard domain already defined.

Read this table with Domain name as your domain name into an internal table and modify the internal table. And hence modify DD02L with your internal table values.

Hope this is understandable.

Thanks and regards.

Aswath.

ajoy_chakraborty
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

Please use tables DD07L and DD07T for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can make use of the Function Module DDIF_DOMA_GET

Get the Domain Values and modify them.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Now again one more question if i am getting value range of the domain and modifying then again i want to assign for same domain value range .

regards,

farooq

0 Kudos

I did not get your qustion...u want to change the domain values in DDIC or is it that you want to assign the old domain values before programatic modification??

If the case 1, then you may have to go to the table level...but i donot think it is ideal..

if it is case 2 , you can keep the domain values in a temporary internl table and do your necessary code accordingly.

Please clarify your question if the above mentioned details are not enough...

0 Kudos

Now again one more question if i am getting value range of the domain and modifying then again i want to assign for same domain value range .

Not sure what you are asking. I request you to go for Fixed Value Append if required. Please do not disturb the existing ones in the domain. SE11-Domain-Goto-Fixed Value Append.

Kesav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to display Domain value using table DD07L. You can update the table in your program with new values. However, if changed might impact other tables and programs using the same domain value likeVBTYP (Sales Order Type) then all the flows will be changed and you may face new problems.

Regards,

Shailendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to display Domain value using table DD07L. You can update the table in your program with new values. However, if changed might impact other tables and programs using the same domain value likeVBTYP (Sales Order Type) then all the flows will be changed and you may face new problems.

Regards,

Shailendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DDIF_DOMA_GET to get your domain values as previously suggested.

DDIF_DOMA_PUT to change them...

Kr,

Manu.