Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how combine two item groups into one item grooup

Former Member
0 Kudos

hiiiiii guys

i am getting some problem....what is that

how to combine two item groups in to one item group...

in one item group 100 items there....

so i want combine two item groups to one item group...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

kk...thank u..and i will try and inform u...

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes....for easy access purpose.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hiii

actually i want combine two item groups..ur query is working..but my problem is combine two item groups..

for example keyboard is a item group and mouse is another item group...in keyboard so many company's like compaq, ibm,etc..whatever...and mouse also same...in two item groups have some list....

i want to combine two groups....i create accessories item group..keyboard and mouse groups to accessories...these are under come by accessories....

when we see in item no (in sales quotation) ,it shows accessories...when we press accessories, it shows keyboard and mouse, in that so many list is there....

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you are speaking about your view on selection list,right?

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the current versions of B1 there is no support for grouping hierarchy. The idea has been suggested to SAP, but it remains to be seen if they will implement it.

Right now your only choice is user fields and user tables:

1. Create a user table for each level of grouping. In your case for example Group Level 1 (which will contain accessories ) and Group Level 2 (which will contain Keyboards and Mice ).

2. Add a user field to the Group Level 2 table, and connect it to the Group Level 1 table

3. With this userfield you can determine that Keyboards and Mice belong to Accessories

4. Add userfields to OITM for each group level.

At any rate, you won't be able to use this grouping in the standard reports in the B1 client. You will have to develop for example Crystal reports for that purpose.

Good luck,

Johan

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use a query to make a list of items from the group that you no longer need:

SELECT T0.ItemCode
FROM OITM T0
WHERE T0.ItmsGrpCod = -your group code here-

then use the DTW to update all these items to the group you do need.

Regards,

Johan