cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection to database in sap crystal reports enterprise xi 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we are trying to connect to database in sap crystal reports enterprise xi 4.0 ,i am geting the below error.please advise.

Error:

Failed to establish a connection.The cause was:

Connot connect to SAP BussinessObjects Enterprise at this time.Please try again later.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

julian_jimenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmala,

Check in the settings of your connection and verify that the server name, port, etc. is correct.

Delete all the "Server Connections" you see and create from start a valid connection to the server.

Regards,

Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmala,

We checked server name, port etc, but still we are getting the same issue.

Please reply if anyone has any solution or suggestion.

Thanks

Riyaz

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to CMC make sure your CRProcServer and CRCacheServer are running

Go to BILaunchPad  > applications > Crystal For Enterprise

This will open the local Client Tool installation on your machine (Cr4Ent Designer) by invoking it from the web app, and will supply all the server , ports and proxy info in  a token to your client.

Nice and easy for the initial login

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response Henry....

I checked all this things and all are working fine.

Now I am able to connect to BOE server.

The cause behind the issue was in "CMC > Applications > Web
Service > Access URL:"  the URL was having different server name which we have changed earliar, I just correct the URL and issue got resolved.

But now when I am trying to access BOE Server through Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0 client tool directly not from launch pad, it probes me the same error. (Note: I used the same parameters which i got from launch pad token to this)

Is that a only way to use Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0 from launch pad ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I am able to connect to BOE Server from "Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0" directly, i mean there is no need to access BI launchpad for using the same.