cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport to multiple client into single system..4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have IDES Single system with multiple client, I have been configured the TMS with the Target group and I already define the Transport route. I created Teting role for the transport which has successfully transported and realesed by se01. but I am not able to see in the import list in target client. I try to do stms_import but nothing happened.

Suggest me any suggestion

DOMAIN_IDS 0071 BW System landscape

Configuration Status

IDS IDES SEM4-BW34

Single Systems

Transport Layers

SAP Layer for IDES-BW

ZIDS Layer for IDES-BW

ZL1 Layer for IDS-/yids/

Target Groups

/YIDS/ BW-Landscape

IDS.200

IDS.300

IDS.800

Transport Routes

IDS IDES SEM4-BW34

ZIDS Layer for IDES-BW

/YIDS/ BW-Landscape

IDS.200

IDS.300

IDS.800

REgards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If yours is a BW system why you have created so many clients when you can work in only one client in BW?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naidu,

I knew that SAP recommends to one client on BW systems, but this is IDES and I created many cleints to make TMS configuration with Extended Transport control, Client specific Transprot Target.

I am successfully tested

REgards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

Can you please share how you could setup the TMS with diferent clients on one system using Target Groups?

I am new to SAP Basis and this will help me understand and setup the Transport landscapes.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Poorna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created 3 following client ids.200, ids.300, and ids.400 in my IDES system with the SAP-USER profile.

Login to 000 client with SAP* user for the following configuration in the Transport Management System, STMS---go to Overview click on the Transport route, Your TMS configuration will be display in the center window if done.

Press F5 or click on Pencil Icon to switch to Configuration editing mode, Click on Edit menu then click on the Transport Target Group to define the multiple client of single or multiple system which exists in your landscape.

I will prefer to work on Hierarchical list Editor Mode instead of Graphic mode, to change from graphic mode to Hierarchical, go to setting menu click on transport route editor and select the Hierarchical List Editor Mode, setting will take effect to go to back and click on transport route again.

You have to Switch Editing mode before continue to define the consolidate route, go to Edit Menu, Transport Route and click on Create, Transport route window will display with the Consolidate / Deliver route options. Select the Consolidate Route and click on Extended Transport Control (F6) button down.

Integration system …..Will be your current or development system as source system

Transport Layer………Enter the default layer which has been created with your integration system.

Consolidation Target…Select your target group which created earlier.

Save the Configuration, activate and distribute the configuration across all systems.

Your system is ready to transport the requests to multiple systems and multiple clients

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BAISS